500 points nechra army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

500 points nechra army

Hi there, this is my first list intended for 500 point games but not warband or border patrol here it is:

vampier counts army list

cloak of mist and shadows 145

20 skelotons
    light armour
    stnd bearrer 215

10 dire wolfs
    2 of wich are doom wolfs

480 points

my worry is that the necromancer would be easily destroyed, the other option would be to go with a vampier thrall with the necharah nobel blood of power the disadvantage to this would be only one spell and that spell would be invocation of necheck. any help tactics.

EDIT: Point totals for some units removed where a wee bit of division will give the per model cost. GW frowns upon that in its fan forums. Thanks. --DavidVC04.

Last edited by DavidWC09; May 4th, 2006 at 22:59.

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I usually go with this...
    1 necro, lvl 1, general
    1 necro, lvl 1

16 zombies, standard
    17 zombies, standard

5 wolves
    5 wolves
    5 wolves

First, I'd rather have to lvl 1 users so that I have two attempts at IoN. I will cast on 3+ a lot of times to increase units. If summoning a new unit, I may still cast on 3+ or on 7+. If you have only one necro with only one chance at IoN, then opponents will save plenty of dispel dice every time for him.

The wolves add a lot of mobility and long-range threat to small games. A lot of opponents aren't ready for that at warband size.

As for your list, I'd break the skeletons into two units of ten. Then let the necro increase one of the two on the first turn.

I'd drop the doom wolves. More wolves are better for greater unit size, more wounds, and so on.

Break the wolves into smaller units. They can be as small as two in a warband. If you drop the doom wolves, then you could have 12 wolves, or three units of four.

My biggest suggestion is to use two lvl 1 necros. Having done both, I find that wins me many more games.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread