Necrarch Vs Empire 2250 Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrarch Vs Empire 2250 Friendly

This just in: The legions of undeath will take on the forces of sigmar tonight in an epic battle!
    The problem: It's in an hour or so, I can't expect anyone to respond to this in time, but if anyone is prowling and wants to give advice please do, I can also post a battle report afterward and am open for criticism.

Heres the list:

1 Necrarch Vampire Lord
    General; Level 3 Wizard
    Sword of Might
    Crown of the Damned
    Talon of death (trying it out for the first time)

24 Skeleton Warriors
    Light Armour; full command

1 Necromancer
    Magic Level 2
    Rod of flaming death

24 Skeleton Warriors Light Armor full command

1 Necromancer
    Magic Level 2
    Power Familiar
    ^
    19 Zombies

7 Ghouls (Cut down from 12 to make room for bats)

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

Special:
    3 Spirit Hosts

3 Fell Bats

3 Fell Bats

6 Black Knights Full command, banner of barrows, barding

Rare:
    1 Banshee

1 Banshee
    Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 7

The plan, block up the infantry in the middle, bats go machine hunting, wolves, knights, and host get the flanks, ghouls shield missile fire

Last edited by Master Jabu; May 7th, 2006 at 01:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think it's a terrific list. The only thing I might do differently is rekit the lord to my personal tastes, but you've got him prepared for combat. I don't think it matters that much, and it's cool to see a Necrarch looking to bloody his knucles a bit.

Just plan out how you're going to play the first two or three rounds which are so important for setting the flow of battle in your favor. How will you use you IoN's, for example? I'd spend my first one on the zombies. A lot of opponents will save dice for the IoN you use to summon a new unit, thus letting the "harmless" summoning of the existing zombie unit pass. Some rounds, I don't even summon a new unit depending on the game.

Your wolf units are small so shield them as you're able from missile fire so that they have some numbers left when charging.

Well, you're probably playing this list now, so good luck. Tell us how it goes.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Write up a win for the Vampire Counts! I am sure they would be shouting hurrah if they still had lungs. The battle resulted in a minor victory, but we will take what we can get. I'm kind of tired right now, its around 12:30, so heres a quick overview. I made a few placement errors, but I still expect those becuase I'm still kind of a n00b at that. I tried using a necro(with power familiar) with the lore of death for once, I didn't really like it, but he managed to kill 2 knights big woop. The zombies and the unit of skeletons my general wasn't in were destroyed. My other necro got run down by swordsman after they overran a dying unit of skellies. The fell bats did their jobs, killing his warmachines- a mortar and cannon, and also a unit of riflemen. Both wolf units did diddly and ended up dead. The black knights sadly got tied up with 12 flagellants for most of the game, they were nocked down to 2 in the first round!, but they survived for 3-4 more and eventually killed the flaggys when my general ran in, killed to with the talon of pain, and the other 3 with a gaze of nagash. AMAZING. I got a little carried away with my magic missiles in this battle, every magic user had one, and I tried to use them rather than invocations unsuccessfully. I learned my lesson, and will ignore the lure of the gazes from now on. One banshee was charged by knights, killed one, but then crumbled. The other took out a whole unit of pistoliers in one turn with a scream, and then in the last turn killed his only wizard. I had a huge magic advantage, but still failed more spells than i would have liked. I managed to chase a captain on pegasus off the board. Kill another unit of riflemen, and a BSB, as well as making his unit flee in the last turn. In the end it seemed like he had more points left, but thanks to the mega points in my general (I know normally its a bad thing), I was up around 400 points, not sure if its a draw or a minor victory now that I think about it, but even so, it was in my favor, and since I am not rotting, HURRAH!

And as far as the lord, it was a new style for me too, and I liked it, but i think the talon of pain will be for special situations only, it only got activated once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Congrats on the win. It sounds like you played it really well. I've had the same experience with the talon. The character wielding it must get into combat quickly, or it's wasted.

Bundling points in an uber-character can help win a game as long as you know you can keep him alive, and a vampire lord with four wounds, a ward save, and three IoN's per round, is almost certain to make it.

Consolidate your dire wolves into one unit, and see if you find running a larger pack successful. They die in droves in the open battlefield.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I always find that larger dire wolves attract more attention than they would if they were only two smaller units
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread