2000 pts tournament (help) Blood dragons list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts tournament (help) Blood dragons list

Lord:
    Vampire Lord-lv 3 wizard, blood drinker,enchanted shield, ring of night, master strike,nightmare,barding=468
    (he wand the unit of black knights will basically be used to take out ythe general as mine will be much more powerful due to being able to cast hand of dust(love this move) then after general unit war machines then mop up the the rest of the units

Heros:
    vampire thrall, sword of holy powers, enchanted shield, master strike=155
    vampire thrall, sword of holy powers, enchanted shield, master strike=155
    (these go with 2 of the units of grave guard to provide support in the fighting)

Core:
    16 grave guard-shield-crypt keeper-banner of barrows=265
    (march up centre providing flank coverage for each other and chop all the little soldiers to dust)
    12 black knights- hell knight-barding-banner of barrows= 345
    (used with lord)

Rare:
    banshee=90
    (tie up elite unit till my grave guard can chop their way through the blocks of troops)

if anyone has any ideas for this list please say or suggestiongs
    i know the lord may be a bit over piced for this but i like how he is i want like a over lord vampire which is so much greater than all other vampires and the thralls are his apprentices

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah woah woah, many things wrong here.

First off you can only take the banner of the barrows once in an army, same with all of those other magic items, except for bloodline powers like master strike. The only way the setup for this list is even remotely possible is if you are doing the back of the book bd list, which isn't tournament legal. Also you are extremely magically weak, and I would drop the lord to a count once you changed all of the other magic item problems, and take a necromancer (since you can't use the back of the book list). Remember that also makes your gg and bk special, so you need to take some core choices. And finally, you can't rely on rolling the spell hand of dust, I'd assume you are new to the game, because you roll for spells at the start of the game, and you only get hand of dust on the roll of a two.

Sorry if that came off as harsh, but there were a lot of mistakes to fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah damm well tanx anyways

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, big, big magic problems. I've tried a magic-light BD list more than once and always paid the price for it. VC's really do need a presence in the magic phase to win: at least one successful IoN per round to be effective.

And mounting the general can cause lots of problems (his march range gets away from the army, he lacks support and is more vulnerable, can be thrown out of combat if you're not careful).

And MJ is right. The list won't be legal in a tourney setting.

Go for a count, add two necros, and then a thrall. Then build up a solid core with IMO either BK or GG, not both. But some people really do like having both BKs and GG in their list. I just don't like spending that many points on two units.

Go for a mix of troops. Mobile ghouls, wolves, and fell bats. Big blocks of skellies and/or zombies. Spirit hosts are a great swarm.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say atleast one necro, I've been successful with one necro and a count before, but mostly for the DD, I only got one spell off the whole game! When I do that however, I play less skellie/zomb reliant armies, and will either start them off big, or do more bk and gg. I think a mounted count can cause march problems, but I recently considered a hammer army with a count in a unit of 7bk, a thrall in a unit of 7bk next to him with the cursed book, and fast support/flank units beside them (host, wolves, bats, ghouls) If you are gonna do a hordie gg army though, keep him on foot.

+ Reply to Thread