1000 pts Blood Dragons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts Blood Dragons

Wight Lord
    Heavy Armour
    Sword Of Kings, Enchanted Shield

Necromancer
    Level 2 Upgrade

3x 30 Skeletons
    Hand Weapon, Shield, Full Command

Total - 994 ₧

Constructive criticism appreciated.

Last edited by LordXander; August 7th, 2006 at 08:26.

It's just a flesh wound!

Arrr!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I like it. At 1000 point this is a hord to say the least. The killing power is lacking a bit without a vampire. I can see not taking a blood dragon though. I hate it that they have all this killing power and most rounds of combat they only kill a champion. Anyway I would consider a Strigio thrall with infinate hatred and iron sinews.

He will generate much more kills and combat res for only 31 more points. I know he isn't very well protected and you probably want the killing blow. But not much will strike first on him and not many characters in 1000 point games will survive a round of combat with him without having to depend on rolling 5's and 6's on the to wound rolls.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Simple but interesting list. As sylvester suggested, you could take a Strigoi thrall, though I would recommend another Necromancer for raising more skeletons or maybe replacing some of your skeletons with zombies, they're less pts and you'll get more.

LT
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think it needs more versatility. All you can do is advance towards the enemy and hope to win combat. Meanwhile, you can be flanked, marchblocked, or shot to pieces.

I'd suggest dropping two units of skellies to 20 each, leaving a big one for one of the characters.

With the free points you can add wolves and ghouls, two solid additions to any VC list IMO.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about this, I dropped 20 Skelies and the Wight Lord in favour for 15 Ghouls and a BD Thrall.

Blood Dragon Thrall
    Extra Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    Red Fury, Strength Of Steel

Necromancer
    Level 2 Upgrade

30 Skeletons

2x 20 Skeletons

15 Ghouls
    Ghast

Total - 1000 ₧
    Last edited by LordXander; August 7th, 2006 at 08:26.

It's just a flesh wound!

Arrr!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordXander
    What about this, I dropped 20 Skelies and the Wight Lord in favour for 15 Ghouls and a BD Thrall.

Blood Dragon Thrall - 135 pts
    Extra Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield
    Red Fury, Strength Of Steel

Necromancer - 100 pts
    Level 2 Upgrade

30 Skeletons - 265 pts

2x 20 Skeletons - 185 pts

15 Ghouls - 130 pts
    Ghast

Total - 1000 pts
    First, I'll slip into mod mode and suggest you don't post point costs. Nothing above gives away any specific item/model costs, so no worries there. What I've started doing for my own lists is not posting any totals. That way I don't have to worrry about it.

Anyhow, drop the ghast and get a sixteenth ghoul. Then run two units of 8. Actually, I'd suggest you find the points to run two units of 9. 9 are less likely to take a panic test from shooting or magic than 8 are (3 must die vs. 2 dying.)

Give the largest skeleton unit full command and lt armor. That'll be your staying unit. Depending on your strategy, either your necromancer or blood dragon thrall can't go there. You could put them both in there, but I wouldn't suggest it.

For the other two smaller skeleton units, I'd take only musicians since losing a tie just sucks. A captured banner will cost you victory points and cagy opponents always target a champion.

Another idea is to take a single unit of ghouls, say 9, and use the freed up points to buy seven dire wolves.

Another consideration is to replace one of the smaller skellie units with a unit of zombies. That'd free up even more points.

A little more variety in the list would open up more tactical opportunities for you IMO.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread