Newbie´s 500pts friendly BD list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie´s 500pts friendly BD list

Hello lads and ladies.
    I originally posted this on the VC general forum until Wolfhowl (thanks) pointed out it should be here. My apologies.

I am new to the game, and have collected and painted a small army. Finally I am ready to play. While I painted I read alot on these forums and in the books to get some background knowledge. Anyway, the army I have finished painting looks like this:

Necro lvl 2, Book of Arkhan

Wight Lord, HA, Shield (to go with the zombies)

Dire Wolves x 5

Ghouls x 9

Fell Bats x2

Zombies x 22, Standard, Musician

=500pts

My tactics will be to engage the enemy with my zombies, while using ghouls and dire wolves for flanking, char hunting, missile screen etc. Necro summons more zombies.
    I am also painting skeletons, BKs, necros and vampires to expand my army.

If anyone got any comments to this list I would be more than pleased. I would also be very happy if anyone could give me some hints about the right way to expand my army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you're using warband rules, then you have too many points in characters. If you're not using warband rules, you need a third fell bat.

Otherwise, it's a good 500 pt list.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not warbands (not familiar with those rules yet).
    I think its possible to squeeze in another Fell Bat, maybe by kicking out a few zombies or even a couple of Ghouls.
    Thanks for commenting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The minimum unit size for fell bats is 3 if you'renot using warbands. Here are the warband rules if you want to check them out. It's a good way of playing small point armies.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Ahh what's happened I swear I posted here yesterday!

Anyway, what I said before is that you should take some more Fell Bats to satisfy the rules like DavidVC04 mentioned and because 2 is not going to do very good.

I would take out the ghouls to bump up the zombie unit and the wolves unit to 8 or 10, makes them much more formidable - 5 will not be able to tie up much.

The Zombies are 22, so unless you're putting the Necromancer in the unit you'll need 1 more to make the units the right size. Another Necromancer would be nice for extra raising, if you're willing to take out your Wight Lord.

LT
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Warband Rules David!
    I am a bit afraid of removing the Ghouls completely (Their stats look great in the book!).
    The reason for having the Wight in the skeleton unit is to make sure I dont loose the CR with too many points, thereby having to remove even more zombies. I think the Wight has to stay..

One thing Wolfhowl: what do you mean here exactly? "The Zombies are 22, so unless you're putting the Necromancer in the unit you'll need 1 more to make the units the right size". Could you please elaborate on that?

(Just finished a 3rd Fell Bat btw)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I like ghouls and would keep them around. At 500 pts, you could probably get away with just 6 of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Add a bat. Do not take out the ghouls. However they only do well when they don't have to deal with static combat res. And since they don't take ranks away normally you only get few in combat so I would drop the size of the ghouls and replace the zombies with skellies. Zombies are something that will hold a unit up but you have it as your main unit. Zombies will have a hard time breaking a opponent. Take skelletons with HW/S and light armor and raise more during the game to make up for the point cost.

Don't increase the size of the wolves. That would make them a combat unit and they suck at that. Use them for redirecting and character/warmachine hunting.

As for the characters. I would also suggest dropping the wright lord but would not add a necro. Too much magic at 500 points and you have nothing left that can actually kill anything. I would consider taking a Strigio Thrall. He's only 14 points more then your wright lord but has 4 attacks at WS 6 and STR 5 with hatred. He will win your combats for you. You'll have to switch bloodlines though.

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mace
    One thing Wolfhowl: what do you mean here exactly? "The Zombies are 22, so unless you're putting the Necromancer in the unit you'll need 1 more to make the units the right size". Could you please elaborate on that?
    I meant that 23, though it doesn't make much difference, is an odd number, so if you put 1 more in you can make a 6x4 unit. Sorry if I'm too much a perfectionist :blush:

LT
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Wolfhowl, I see what you mean :-)

Taking a Strigoi Thrall is quite a good idea really (and they look fun to paint!), but I think dropping some ghouls and going skellies instead of Zombies will leave me with very few models at the start of the game. There is alway IoN of course, but spells can be dispelled...
    Does anyone else have any comments on this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast