7th edition list - Could this win? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

7th edition list - Could this win?

Von Carstein, lvl 2, general, barded mount, sword of striking, ring of night, dark majesty, spell familiar (goes with skeletons)

Necro, lvl 2, arkhan, dispel scroll
    Necro, lvl 2, power familiar

24 skeletons with lt armr and fc
    25 zombies, mus
    25 zombies, mus
    10 zombies
    10 zombies
    9 wolves
    9 wolves
    9 wolves
    6 ghouls
    6 ghouls

4 fell bats
    3 spirit hosts

That makes for a crap load of models: 143 according to Army Builder. That'll give the enemy something to think about since typically only goblin and skaven armies get that large. I guess it's kind of a horde list.

Here's what I'm thinking. I don't expect to change how I use my casting dice, and I'm willing to risk a dreadful miscast. I won't have to worry about bumping up existing units as they can deal with some missile fire and combat casualties and still be large. Instead, I can use the 3wizards to cast other spells like magic missile or curse of years.

The two small units of zombies can be for the pansy necros to hide in behind the main units, or the small zombie units could serve as a screen for the main units.

Wolves and ghouls will set up flank charges, and the fell bats will go war machine hunting, as can a unit of wolves if necessary.

Here's one of my main questions, is winning without wights to difficult for VC?

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

In theory your description of the magic phase ois nice, but practivle might be a different story. You are rolling 7 spells, of wich (not doing theory-hammer, but anyways) you should get perhaps one of each spell and a double. Now if you get lucky enough to grab 2 gazes, kudos.

But as spok always said, "logic dictates otherwise, sir " ^_^. Never rely on grabing a good spell selection, I've played for the best general title and got 3 IoN, 1 HoD, 2 Vigors, and A danse macabre. Not much to be done with here.

Curse of years on 3 dice just doesn't seem reliable enough, for a spell you can cast only once.

As for the list, I like the idea of the horde, but you need some sort of CR racking unit. I've once charged a unit of orcs in the front and flank with zombies, and lost by 6 because my units failed to do anything, and the opponent got to rack alot of CR. (and I had a wraith with the book nearby!

It could be a small unit of grave guard, black knights, or even a winged nightmare.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I thought about the lack of killing power.

I think the real problem with the list is that it just looks boring to play. :hmm:
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

You ahve a good backbone for a cult of speed army.

I you could swamp with just 2 units of skeletons (or zombies for the cost,) and a coach or two.

You could invest in a unit of black knights, a wolf thrall, and you have yourself a very fast undead army, the flying circus. Put that vampire on a a winged nightmare and you will take more advantage of the lore of death if you want to experiment, and feel the breeze in your dead limbs ^_^

you would drop to 90-100 models, but it would be lots of fun.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread