Vampire Counts, my First Army List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampire Counts, my First Army List. 400 pts.

Hello, I cant seem to post in Army List, so I will post it here. How do I add a tag in the army list section? It wants me to do that before I post but I dontk now how. Yet Ive tagged this thread and can do it in the General Forum.

This is a 400 pt list, we usally play killer small lists, you only need half the unit requirements too.

Bloodline: Blood Dragon

Heros.

General: Vampire Thrall
    -The Flayed Hauberk
    -Sword of Might.

Necromancer
    Lvl 2
    Power Familiar

5 Skeleton Warriors
    -Hand Weapon
    -Battle Standard
    -Shields
    -Light Armor

Same Skelton unit as above.

Almost every single game is a big multiplayer battle with a lot of people and low points.

The plan with this is to Start far back in my little deployment zone. All spend the first turn raiseing up some more men while marching to combat, raiseing more on the way. All make one Skeleton unit big to hopfully 15-20 and then the Vampire will join it. All go into combat and then spwan Zombies behind them. Most of the combat will depend on the vampire.

EDIT 2: My post is really big, you dont need to read past this point, its just me saying more in detail about the strategy and what I think behind the list.

Lots of it depends. If the Bretonnian player is right next to me as last game, all start in the corner. If Im far from the action I will go to the edge of my deployment zone.

Im hoping I can live on a Necro Blister, a Vampire Blister, a box of Skeletons and a box of zombies. Im sure they will let me proxy in my chaos marauders and warriors too. Do you think I can live off that for 500 point and less games?

My only concern is artillery hunting. I kind of want to take Von Carstein and take the wolf spwaning power and spwan them at the edge of the board by some artillery. Or just to take some wolves right out.

One last question, can the Vampire I made fight off a Pegasus Knight? Ive faced them a few times and they have given me trouble and he gave it a sword that ignored armor saves. So can I face that same knight again? Before I had an aspiring Champion of chaos with no upgrades, its the exact same stats of a none upgraded count cept the champ has heavy armor.

EDIT: What should I do for 500 points? Im gonna explore around and make bigger lists too, to try and plan what I will get next.

Last edited by Jacaran; January 1st, 2007 at 06:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats alot of points invested in characters! It's pretty unusual I think.

For your 500 points question I'll post the list I use the most:

Necromancer lvl 2

-20 zombies with standard
    -5 Dire wolves
    -9 Ghouls
    -2 Spirit Hosts

You also have a few points extra to buy for example a War Banner, Book of Arkhan, or even a few more models for your units.

Good luck!
    -Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a 400pts game i would go necromancer list, with :

lvl2 Necromancer.

lvl2 Necromancer.
    -Book of Arkhan

5 dire wolves.

11 Zombies.
    Banner

11 Zombies.
    Banner

Spend your first-second summoning zombies, your opponent should have 2-3 Dispell Dice and you got 6 Power Dice plus a Bound Item for a total of 7 Power Dice. He will have hard time dispelling this. Put your Wolves on the side behind some trees or things like that so they can't be seen and still be ready to flank charge. Put your 2 squad of Zombies in front of your 2 necromancer. At turn 3(assuming your starting), try to summon and boost a squad of skeleton on the empty side of your field so you can really get your opponent stuck between your units. there will be Zombies in the front, Skeleton on the left or right flank and Wolves on the other flank. I think this could be really funny except if your opponent is a cheesy chaotic player and use a squad of Chosen Chaos Warrior of Khorne.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you're using warband rules, then you have too many points spent on characters.

I use a list similiar to magicaltux's, but both characters are lvl 1 magic users to stay within the warband limit. And I use more wolves with the freed up points. They are really useful in large numbers in such a small game.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things to add. Our games have a lot of people. All be facing many opponenents, I may get teamed up on, if I get a zombie unit spwaned to far away it might be killed by someone random.

Another is almost everyone spends to much money on a unit they shouldnt. All but a dwarf player didnt blow half his money on an expensive piece. So I just joined in and tried making my own.

Lastly, and sadly, we have no terrain. Its all a big open field.

I like how your list is, it seems much more winnable. All try it or my own crazy list. If my lists dont work all just go with what you have said, I can see 2 Necros doing better then a vampire and a Necromancer. Can one of the starting Zombies be Skeletons? Id wanted to start with a Skeleton unit with LA, and shields. Then I thought Id spwan more in. \

In 500 points can I field a BD Vampire and a Necromancer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im gonna delay building my VC until March, If not then I will start them whenever I get settled with 2k points of Chaos. For the sake of not killing myself in the competetive game be having 2 small rambled up armies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacaran View Post
    Im gonna delay building my VC until March, If not then I will start them whenever I get settled with 2k points of Chaos. For the sake of not killing myself in the competetive game be having 2 small rambled up armies.
    Sounds smart. I've got dwarfs in baggies that are waiting for the rest of their army to show up (i.e., be purchased!).
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Personally with wacky rules like that I would go with the following.

Strigio Thrall
    - bat form

lvl2 necro on barded steed - book of arkhan

11 skeletons - Captain - full command - light armor

Your strigio can fly and thus hunt warmachines. Just don't let him get charged. But in 400 point games he can probably take out almost anything.

+ Reply to Thread