2000 point Necrarch horde themed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point Necrarch horde themed

This is my Necrarch VC army, let me know what u think of it, i welcome any suggestions, P.S. i loved magic.

Nosferatu's Horde

Vampire Count Necrach Nosferatu, extra level , Nehekas Noble Blood , Dark Acolyte(,

Forbidden Lore, Black Periapt

= 340pts.

Necromancer Nicodemus, extra level, Power Familiar,

=150pts.

Necromancer Heinrich, extra level, Book of Arkhan, power stone

=150pts.

Necromancer Sarnovich, extra level, Staff of damnation

=140pts.

The Ancient ones, 25 Skeletons with and full command=225pts.

The Bleached ones, 25 Skeletons with and full command=225Pts.

The Shambling Horde, 35 Zombies with standard=220Pts.

The Faceless Hoste, 3 spirit hosts=195pts.

The Old Guard, 20 Grave Guard with shields, full command, Banner of Barrows, or Banner

of Doom=360 pts

total points =2005pts.
    total Power Dice= 14
    2 bound spells.
    Total Dispel Dice=8

So far my tactics have worked pretty good, usually my opponent gets so worried about the bound spells and movement spells that he ignores the invocation spell, which allows me to raise tons of new units on flanks or in front of warmachines and such, and then i usually flank charge and combat resolution myself to victory, i fought dwarfs and i only killed 4 guys in combat(from the grave guard), everyone else ran off the table, or was run down, (i did not roll any gazes of nagashes). thank you for looking

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Wow that's a lot of magic!! :w00t:

It looks like a very effective list, but I do have a few questions/comments. First the questions:

1) Where do your characters stand?!
    2) Are you skellies plain? (no light armour/spears)

I would suggest the following alterations:

1) Drop all the units down to 19 strong to allow your characters to stand in them, thus protecting them from fire.
    2) Use the Banner of the Barrows
    3) With the spare points generated (216) I would get the following: 2 units of 6 dire wolves and a unit of 4 fell bats

This will give you a bit more mobility, while also giving you the chance to attack warmachines in turn two, limiting your casualties.

Hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks dude

ok thanks, yes yes i do love me magic. My skellies only have shields they are only there to hold the enemy inplace until i can put a flank charge on em. Uhh thank you for your imput, i think i will do the wolves, but not the bats, i used some proxy models in a game, and wel..they let me down hardcore. Again thank you for your reply, i find it quite useful. PS as an ex-logger and forest fire fighter i must say, i like your tree quote.
    Last edited by Aaron565; February 15th, 2007 at 21:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing really wrong with this list to be honest . Your charachters are themed, you've taken a fair amount of core troops and a screen. You have something to hit hard in combat and a fair amount of magic which could put tzeentch to shame. You are 5 points over though, and in somegames people say it ok if it cannot be avoided, but in your list u can easily take out a single zombie to put you at the correct amount. I know its picky but it the rules XD. Good luck.

DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great list! i love necrach and i was thinking of doing that sort of army. the only thing is like gingerninja said put some wolves in and maybe if you don't want any fell bats try ghouls they're an exelent missile screen and posion:x and good luck.

+ Reply to Thread