1500 point Army of Sylvania - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Los Angeles, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500 point Army of Sylvania

EDIT: Some point costs removed to respect GW copyright. ~DavidVC04

I have been toying with building a Sylvanian army list. This is my first iteration and I would like your opinion.

Vampire Thrall - General; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Aura of Dark Majesty & Earthbind :123 points

Vampire Thrall Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Earthbind & Spectral Attendants: 133 points

29 x Sylvanian Levy - Musician; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield: 237 points

29 x Sylvanian Levy - Musician; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield: 237 points

28 x Sylvanian Levy - Musician; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armor; Shield: 237 points

3 x Fell Bats

7 x Dire Wolves

7 x Dire Wolves

6 x Dire Wolves

6 x Dire Wolves

6 x Drakenhof Templars - Musician; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Banner of the Barrows: 219 points

Casting Dice: 2
    Dispell Dice:2

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by DavidWC09; March 21st, 2007 at 03:56.
    "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the amimals; ah...except the weasel." - Homer Simpson

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

VC is my first army, for over 2 years now, but I've never played Sylvanian. That's my disclaimer for whatever advice I'm about to offer.

First, I like the big levy units. That'll save you some trouble later when you'd normally have to use your bound IoNs to resurrect lost troops; instead, you can summon new ones.

Second, I love lots of dire wolves. They cause real problems for the enemy. I've gotten to where I take about 20 in most 2000 games.

The fell bats are a good inclusion for all the reasons everyone knows.

The thralls, all I can say is that Sylvanian players rave about the wolf form, flayed hauberk, and great weapon.

You could also mount a thrall, give him a lance, and let him fight alongside the knights.

Have you read Strewart's sylvanian tactica in the VC index? It probably has better advice than I can give.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread