Oh vampires - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh vampires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Oh vampires

Hey there. Some of you may recognize me from the Wood Elf forums, but now Im thinking of splitting off into the Vamp Counts. I wrote up a little 2250 list. Tell me what you think..

Lord
    Master Necromancer + Lvl. 4, Cloak of Mist and Shadow, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone

Hero
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Book of Arkhan, Dispel Scroll
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Power Familiar
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Staff of Damnation

Core
    19 Skeletons + Light Armor, Standard, Captain
    6 Dire Wolves
    6 Dire Wolves
    8 Ghouls
    8 Ghouls
    8 Ghouls

Special
    19 Grave Guard + Standard, Crypt Keeper, Halberds, Shields, Banner of the Barrows
    3 Spirit Host

= 2246 pts.

119 Models
    13 Power Dice
    8 Dispel Dice

You think I should drop some of the Ghouls for spears on the skeleton regiments? Just something Im considering. Anywho, tell me what you think. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPappaNurgle View Post
    Lord
    Master Necromancer + Lvl. 4, Cloak of Mist and Shadow, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone

Hero
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Book of Arkhan, Dispel Scroll
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Power Familiar
    Necromancer + Lvl. 2, Staff of Damnation

Core
    6 Dire Wolves
    6 Dire Wolves
    8 Ghouls
    8 Ghouls
    8 Ghouls

Special
    19 Grave Guard + Standard, Crypt Keeper, Halberds, Shields, Banner of the Barrows
    3 Spirit Host

= 2246 pts.

119 Models
    13 Power Dice
    8 Dispel Dice
    Not bad. Personally, I'd go with Necrarchs over Necromancers if you are going all out magic. The reason being, they get +1 to casting rolls, and can still at least do a bit of damage in combat. Also, I think you need a heavy hitting fighter character, like a Wight Lord.

I'd up the Grave Guard to at least 20, so that you can get the full +3 rank bonus. And I'd add above mentioned Wight Lord to this regiment, because while good, I haven't had success with my Grave Guard dealing wounds and winning combat on their own. For me, it takes a Wight Lord and a Necrarch Count to dish out enough wounds to win combat.

I'd also take out the Ghouls and add a block of Zombies. I just prefer Zombies to Ghouls.

I think you have a pretty good foundation. Honestly, it's not much different than what I run. I think in all your blocks you might as well run 20, not 19, in order to get the full rank bonus.

That's all just my personal opinion though.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Vampire Counts | Wood Elves | Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Upping your infantry blocks to 20 is recommended, but with your magic heavyness, your skeleton ranks will soon swell anyway. You should really get one more GG though.

Like Nell pointed out, a wight lord to go with the GG would do wonders.

Personally, I would cut down on the Ghouls, and squeeze in 3 fell bats with those points instead. At 2k games there will probably be some artillery around, and your bats is a good way to remove that threat.

Good luck

-Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I think the reason he has left the units 19 strong is to accomodate the characters, (Necromancers), being in the front rank of them.

The only thing I would change is to drop the Halberds from the Grave Guard and give all the units musicians. Those points should be used to get musicians fro all the units, (especially the grave guard), or upping the Ghoul units to 9 each. (The 9 ghouls means no panic tests until 3 die)

Hope this helps

:ninja: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here, but I think the reason he has left the units 19 strong is to accomodate the characters, (Necromancers), being in the front rank of them.
    Correct.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

+ Reply to Thread