well, another 1k list!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, another 1k list!!

hello, this is my second try at an 1k list... i'v become in love with strigoi...(i dun know why...they seem so fragile...by some reason...) haha annyways here's my list:: (and this army is for a tourny... so i need the best army list i can get haha )

STRIGOI THRALL 130
    infinite hatred, iron sinews

necro 140 *in the bunker
    lvl 2, staff of damnation

necro 125 *with a normal zombie unit
    lvl 2, book of arkhan

12 zombies 72

15 zombies 105 (will raise new ones)
    st,mu

st,mu

5 ghouls 40

5 dire wolves 50

5 dire wolves 50

6 black knights 174
    st,mu

and that....999pts i belive hahah so what do ya think?? ghouls will wartmachine hunt (hopfully) direwolves act as baits, zombies march in the center, (with the necro bunker behind(the unit of 12 zombies)) and the knights will hit hard where it needs....
    so do you think it will work?? (btw...the thrall is in the other zombie unit...the second necro in the other))

ohooooy // me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there

About your list. Not bad, but a few flaws are apparent.

STRIGOI THRALL 130
    infinite hatred, iron sinews
    Fine.

necro 140 *in the bunker
    lvl 2, staff of damnation
    Is he your general?
    Though, I'm not sure about the staff. You see, your zombies, and maybe your skellies, hardly kill stuff. And your thrall already has infinite hatred. In my oppinion, the staff is a bit redundant here.
    I'ld substitute this for either a scroll and black pariapt or the cursed book.

necro 125 *with a normal zombie unit
    2, book of arkhan
    If you take the cursed book, add a scroll here.
    Why do you want him to be in the frontline?
    Put him in your bunker.

A second thought on your characters though. You do have a lot of characters in your 1K list, don't you? At this level a second necromancer isn't really necessary. Allocate these points elsewhere.

12 zombies 72
    I assume this is your bunker? Good.

st,mu
    Not bad, but boost this unit up to 25.

st,mu
    I would switch this for a skellie unit. 24 big with full command. Put the thrall in here.

5 ghouls 40
    Nice, but I would add a second unit. Or boost this sigle unit up to 9.

The dire wolves are perfect.

6 black knights 174
    st,mu
    The knights are only 162 points. Moreover too expensive in a 1K list. I'ld suggest dropping them. Go tarpitting your enemy. Which won't be that difficult as you will very likely outmagic your opponent.

Yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he your general?
    Though, I'm not sure about the staff. You see, your zombies, and maybe your skellies, hardly kill stuff. And your thrall already has infinite hatred. In my oppinion, the staff is a bit redundant here.
    I'ld substitute this for either a scroll and black pariapt or the cursed book.
    Staff of Damnation is the best magical item in the VC book in my opinion. Power level 4, and EVERYTHING within 12 inches gets hellish vigour? I reckon ( and im sure adamegry agrees) that this will make a unit of zombies pull something down, as most things are toughness 3.

Im not a great fan of the necrobunker as i prefer necromancers up front and leading units as i think they should, but if you want one - take one.

Other than that i reckon its fine, maybe try and swap 15 zombies and get 15 skeletons? Black knights do take up a lot of points, so maybe more ghouls and bats?

Good luck at the tourny, DE.
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the staff.

Calling it 'the best' item is a bit over exaggerating, no? If one takes it it's because one wants his count, or lord to kill things over and out. Zombies are tarpit units. They kill enemy units trough combat resolution and/or fear.

Im not a great fan of the necrobunker as i prefer necromancers up front and leading units as i think they should, but if you want one - take one.
    Are you serious? Don't come where I play. Really, not that I wouldn't invite you. But whenever I put a necromancer in the frontline he gets charged, and killed right away. No excuses. Especially at <2K points. Necromancers have no combat experience, they let minions do their job.

Yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by lorddraahk View Post
    About the staff.

Calling it 'the best' item is a bit over exaggerating, no? If one takes it it's because one wants his count, or lord to kill things over and out. Zombies are tarpit units. They kill enemy units trough combat resolution and/or fear.
    It's not just for characters.

Grave guard with Banner of Barrows love it. 3+ to hit, re roll misses and killing blow? Yes please.
    Skellies with spears do quite well too.

Never underestimate how effective striking first is. That one wound your zombies might cause means one less attack coming back so in effect there's a combat res switch of 2 (+1 to you and -1 that your enemy could have got) which means 2 less zombies crumbling and a better chance of you winning.

The power level of 4 means that idealy you want to keep 2 dice rather than 1 to try and dispel it as well.

It might not be the 'best item' but it's a damn good one. No matter what you are, strike first and re-roll misses is always useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok let me re-phrase what i said. Best bound item in the book .

-DE
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ 2000AD

Okay, point taken.

Oh, you surely don't have to convince me about striking first. I play Lahmia
    Innocence lost combined with sword of mights :yes:

Yours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why drop the black knights? Imagine that army without black knights . . . now imagine putting a pussy cat into a blender. The results will be the same if you enter an army into a tournament that consists purely of zombies and maybe skeletons. As that army will have complete magic dominance, the zombie units will be bulked up to units of 25 in no time! If used properly, the weaker units will be able to put the enemy in a very bad position, and the black knights will then either roll through the enemy's flanks until everything's dead, or burst into it's rear. Black knights are a must in an army otherwise filled with unbreakable but braindead zombies (which i personally love . . . they don't do much, but it sure is fun to raise a unit of 20 zombies in 2 turns lol)
    Btw, 5 ghouls going war-machine hunting? i cant see them getting through.

+ Reply to Thread