Vampire Madness help!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampire Madness help!!!

Me and my freinds are doing this thing where we all pick a vampire bloodline and tool out a vampire lord with that bloodline. im leaning towards either Van Carstien or Strigoi(because Blood Dragon is already taken). the rules are that its vampire against Vampire with no mounts i could really use some help im for sure going against a necarch and a Blood dragon and i cant change items between battles so please post which bloodline and magic combo/bllodline powers. thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

If your going Strigoi then your choice is simplified by being only bloodline powers, my suggested combos being:
    - Massive Monstrosity + Infinate Hatred + Iron sinews
    - Curse of the Revenant + Iron Sinews + Summon Ghouls (assuming you're allowed to sumon new creatures and it's not strictly vampire vs vampire)
    Over all Strigoi are a good choice as although they're limited to bloodline powers they already have built in a 5+ ward, Hatred and +1 attack, which if you had to get from items would be costing 55 + Hatred.

None of the Von Carstein bloodline powers really stand out as straight up combat skills, so you'd be looking at magic items. Don't forget most armour is out as VC lords are wizards thus can't take armour.

Nechrach, really so suck at combat compared to the others, so if you want to take them and win you'll be looking at agic and rasing a load.
    Or maybe go Lore of Death. Steal soul to get your wounds back, more magic missles and Master of Black Arts combined with Drain Life = the win.

Lahmia can be good too. The old standard is Innocence lost + Sword of might. 5 S6 attacks always striking first? Yes please. The 'tranfix' type Lahmia powers will be useless though.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree with 2000AD. The first thing that came to mind was Strigoi lord, infinite hatred, massive monstrosity, iron sinews.

Six strength six attacks that can be rerolled every turn. 5 wounds. Free ward save. Just nasty. My favorite combat character, above and beyond Blood Dragons, too.

Otherwise, why not a Carstein with the Ring of I Never Die and a great weapon?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

You could be cheeky and go for Cloak of Mists and Shadows and Power familiar and hope your opponent doesn't bring a Magic Weapon (Strigoi almost certainly won't) then rely on your magic to win the bout. Of course if they do have a Magic Weapon you are in somewhat of a pickle.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Some quick thoughts on magic spells, items and tactics:

Spells:

Invocation of Nehek - Always useful, probably going to be used to put wounds back, though raising a unit isn't a bad idea. Having outnumber or, if you raise enough, rank bonus will help you win combat even if you don't do enough wounds.
    Hand of Dust - An all or nothing gamble. Might be worth going for it against a Nechrach of Lamia where you'll be hitting on 3+ (assuming you're not one of those bloodlines)
    Hellish Vigour - Very useful.
    Gaze of Nagash - Depends on how for apart you start
    Van Hels - could be useful to get a surprise charge on someone, or charging your raised unit.
    Curse of the Years - Has potential, but will take too long to get really effective.

Items:

Frostblade - An all or nothing gamble really.
    Blooddrinker - still as useless as in regular play.
    Black Axe of Krell - Could be useful, though striking last will be a problem.
    Sword of Unholy Power - Useful if you're going for magic.
    Tomb Blade - Useless unless everyone starts raising units to hide in.
    Asp Bow - Still crap.

Wailing Helm - Useless
    Armour of Bone - Depends if you think it's worth the points, probably better off spent elsewhere
    Flayed Hauberk - Allways worth it
    Cursed Shield - Useful, especially on blood dragons

The Carstein Ring - Reverse of Frostblade, protection but no hitting power
    Obsidian Amulet - depends on your opponenets item selection
    Crown of the Damned - LD 10 minimises risk, could be worth it.
    Wristbands of black Gold - useless
    Ring of night - Could be useful
    Gem of Blood - Could work

Power familiar - probably not worth it
    Staff of Damnation - If it's only your side it effects (it states all undead, which depending on your interpretation of the rules also includes your opponents too) then well worth it.
    Skull Staff - Only if your're desperate to know what your opponent picked.
    Warrior familiar - could be useful, but might not be worth the points
    Book of arkhan - depends on how much raising is going on, but could also get a surprise charge in.
    Black periapt - probably useless
    Spell familiar - probably useless

Rod of Flaming Death - not worth it against undead
    Cursed book - Very useful, especiallyon lahmia and nechrach to cancel out their lower WS.
    Cloack of mist and shadows - Not worth it as you lose ability to attack as well.
    Talon of death - could be worth it, but probably better off going with the cheaper warrior familiar.
    Casket of ages - Might be worth the gamble. Also useful for finishing off an already wounded opponent as it always does 1 wound.

If you go Von Carstein I'd be tempted by Black Axe and Staff of Damnation, assuming you interpret the staff asonly effecting your own people.
    S7 means you'll be wounding on 2+ as well as canceling out most of any armour the opponent may have. Also, the Black Axes special rules are in effect for both the bearers magic phase AND his enemies. So if you're using all the bloodlines that's going to be 5 magic phases per turn for the extra wounds to come in.
    Use the staff to make sure you strike first even with a great weapon.
    EDIT: Just realised that going by your first post it's looks like you're fighting a series of one on one battles rather than one big free for all, so Black Axe loses some of it's usefullness(but not all)

On second thought the staff is probably going to get dispelled, so I'd instead go for Black Axe, Crown of the Damned and black periapt (to use up the points)
    Last edited by 2000AD; August 8th, 2007 at 14:11.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread