Mannfred von Carstein - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Mannfred von Carstein

Just a few questions...

It doesn't say what Lores of Maic he uses. Is he restricted to the normal Necro/Death choices of a regular Necromancer?

How come I don't see many people using him?

I've only recently started using him and he's been working quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

It doesn't say what Lores of Maic he uses. Is he restricted to the normal Necro/Death choices of a regular Necromancer?
    Yup....well, i would assume so.

He is still a vampire and thus it would make sense for him to be restricted to death magic or necromancy. I would always use necromancy anyways, its great....

How come I don't see many people using him?
    He is good but does he do as much as a Lord character and 2 hero choices would? I have always thought this to be his downfall is that he can't take many supporting characters in 2000 points.

Then again, perhaps your not playing him in 2000 points but much higher? In which case he is cool.

A lot of people also have a fairly large prejudice against special characters, myself i usually don't like them. But manfred is pretty cool.

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Too, too expensive for what he does, though now that mounted characters can't be singled out in RnF units, I'd be much more likely to use him.

I really hope the writers of the new army book keep him around and retool the old bloodsucker. The new books have cheaper characters that are more specialized. I'd love a vampire that you can actually field at 2000.

Personally, I like special characters. For Wood Elves, I take Skaw quite a bit, and one of these days I've got to break out Durthu.

For Vampires, I really like Neferata. She's a kick ass character.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never used him, but from what I hear he is pretty effective in a Sylvania list.

But as Captain Snowball said, 1 lord and 2 heroes is a lot, and I usually play 2000-2250 points games. Too restrictive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Ive used him in a sylvannia list before and he works really well especially with his staff that lets you cast a 3d6 invocation or curse of years if you roll for it, each turn, it makes up for the lack of necromancers.
    My Mannfred model now sits on a balrog as my rather large winged NIGHTMARE conversion.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

+ Reply to Thread