What is this miniature? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this miniature?

Hi, this is my first message on this forum :drinking:
    I would like to ask a couple of things. On the VC Army Book (not the new one), around p. 46 you can see a great VC army photo and on the background there is a strange spirit host miniature (it is very different from the standard one, the ghosts seem to have a "hood"). What is that miniature?
    The second thing I would like to ask is: with the new army book are the strigoi and blood dragons bloodlines going to disappear? I can't see no more miniatures on the official store, they are now in the "Classic" section along with the old Manfred and few Von Carstein Lords, why ;?? Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I don't know about the miniature, as I don't have the army book on me at the moment.

In terms of bloodlines, they are being done away with, to a degree. There is still fluff on the bloodlines in the new book (I'm looking at a preview on the GW website at the moment, they have a few small pictures of some of the pages from the book) but not hard and fast rules for each bloodline.

Instead, you get a pool of bloodline powers which you can use to create your own custom vampire. You can make them like one of the pure bloodlines, or you can mix and match as you see fit to make a hybrid vampire. Or at least, that's my understanding of how things are going to work.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :party:
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I don't know about the miniature, as I don't have the army book on me at the moment.

In terms of bloodlines, they are being done away with, to a degree. There is still fluff on the bloodlines in the new book (I'm looking at a preview on the GW website at the moment, they have a few small pictures of some of the pages from the book) but not hard and fast rules for each bloodline.

Instead, you get a pool of bloodline powers which you can use to create your own custom vampire. You can make them like one of the pure bloodlines, or you can mix and match as you see fit to make a hybrid vampire. Or at least, that's my understanding of how things are going to work.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :party:
    Thank you for explanation, I wonder why they changed all those things...
    Here is the ghost pic from the book (quite bad quality):

Thanks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

They sort of look like the Spirit Hosts, to be honest. I know you said they don't look like them but (keeping in mind it could just be the quality of the photo) I think they kind of do look like the spirit host models.

Unless they're converted wraiths or something, given the spirit host paint job...

I'll have to dig my army book out and have a look. Unless someone else can answer this?

On other matters, I don't know why they changed things either. I was happy with the Bloodlines the way they were, but perhaps they were a bit restrictive. Plus a lot of players tended to gravitate towards one or two bloodlines and the others were left in the minority; maybe that's part of the reason as well.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    They sort of look like the Spirit Hosts, to be honest. I know you said they don't look like them but (keeping in mind it could just be the quality of the photo) I think they kind of do look like the spirit host models.

Unless they're converted wraiths or something, given the spirit host paint job...

I'll have to dig my army book out and have a look. Unless someone else can answer this?

On other matters, I don't know why they changed things either. I was happy with the Bloodlines the way they were, but perhaps they were a bit restrictive. Plus a lot of players tended to gravitate towards one or two bloodlines and the others were left in the minority; maybe that's part of the reason as well.
    Hi brett, about bloodlines it can be a good explanation since some of them were used by a very few players.
    About the miniature in the red circle there are actually 2 different miniatures, the one on the right (right of the reader) is the standard spirit host, while the one on the left is quite different (they have hoods, faces covered by hair and other strange things).
    The quality is very poor, but if you have the book you can see it very well (on the page that talks about scenic elements).
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since noone else seems to know I'll give it a shot. My theory is that it is just another form of spirit host, possibly an older model by GW. The reason I feel this is, that throughout the book they use their own models (obviously!) as what they are, and in the few pictures where something alternative is used they make sure to mention it in the caption for the picture.

So thats my guess, an older version of spirit host, maybe classic/collectors.

Edit: So really what Brett said, but with a lame reasoning...
    Last edited by skilett; February 7th, 2008 at 10:37. Reason: Added comment

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Yeah, I had a look at the picture last night, and my guess is that it would be a spirit host model. It's just a different one to the one shown on the online shop.

I sort of noticed this happening with the Banshee models as well - as far as I know, GW produces three Banshee models. They seem to show pictures of one of those models a fair bit, but the other variants only get about one picture each, if they're lucky.

And, considering the photo is in a large army diorama, where they don't normally feature conversions, I guess it would have to be a standard model.

Just one we haven't seen before though, in order to confuse us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it can be an old miniature but it should be on the "Classic" section of the GW shop, isn't it? I searched for it a lot, but I couldn't find any model like this
    Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Well, if it is a spirit host model, then you can order a spirit host. They probably send you out a random Spirit Host base - you might get the one that is pictured, or you might get one of the ones that they don't have pictures of. I don't know how many variations of Spirit Hosts Games Workshop makes...

Can't find anything with a quick poke around the net, either. And I have to go, so that'll have to be it for now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Those are the old ghost models. They used to be available online in the classics/collectors section of GW online stores but don't appear to be now.

Here's one

NIB Warhammer Fantasy Ghosts - eBay (item 250211383743 end time Feb-29-08 12:29:59 PST)
    Last edited by DavidWC09; February 9th, 2008 at 06:59.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast