Any Abyssal Terror ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Any Abyssal Terror ideas?

I'd like to have a Vampire on an Abyssal Terror (or at least Hellstead) for use in larger games / for a change.

How ever I am stumped for inspiration, and with no news on a GW produced version of either of these it looks like improvising is required.

Has anyone given any thought to these two mounts and what they might use to represent them?

N1AK

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mal
    Hibernia (Eire/ or the Republic of Ireland if I must)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

*Laughs manically! *

Has conversion on my desk, but it is secret project. Base of Model is tomb king horse, but made awesome. Will post picture when done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about this thing: Games Workshop Online Store — Nightmare Dragon

With a Bat head. Not sure how to go about fashioning such a head. Possibly a felbat, or maybe some sort of model bat, or sculpting out of green stuff.

Then maybe some green stuff fur and/or hangy bits.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCage View Post
    I thought about this thing: Games Workshop Online Store — Nightmare Dragon

With a Bat head. Not sure how to go about fashioning such a head. Possibly a felbat, or maybe some sort of model bat, or sculpting out of green stuff.

Then maybe some green stuff fur and/or hangy bits.
    that's hideous. Is that an actual model or a bunch of parts cobbled together (looks like the latter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen the artwork for the Abyssal Terror? A bunch of parts cobbled together with a bat head is pretty spot-on... ( also I think the longer you stare at it, the less stupid it appears. Kinda like 'abstract art' for miniatures)

Really not fond of the artist they got working on the VC stuff, the one they did a feature on in the February's WD. Just looks like he vomitted on an otherwise mediocre drawing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Isn't Abyssal Terror just the new name for the Winged Nightmare? couldn't you just could use the old model, maybe with a bat head switch if you had to have a bat head?
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a project lined up for my new Winged Nightmare, now it seems it will be my new Abyssal Terror.

It is the body of the shaggoth, with the wings from The Lord of Change and the head of a tuskgor. And greenstuff to make it all fit together. Plus a little creativity, my weak point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Nope:

Nightmare - Basic Mount
    Hellstead - Winged Nightmare
    Abyssal Terror - Monstrous Mount
    Zombie Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by skilett View Post
    I had a project lined up for my new Winged Nightmare, now it seems it will be my new Abyssal Terror.

It is the body of the shaggoth, with the wings from The Lord of Change and the head of a tuskgor. And greenstuff to make it all fit together. Plus a little creativity, my weak point...
    Liking the sound of it, the Shaggoth body is a very clever base to build up from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCage View Post

Really not fond of the artist they got working on the VC stuff, the one they did a feature on in the February's WD. Just looks like he vomitted on an otherwise mediocre drawing.

What the artist John Blanche????? um the games workshop art director whose vision has practically sculpted the entire warhammer world since conception and who pretty much invented miniture painting??????
    ok, im maybe going over the top and if ya dont like him, ya dont like him, but you should at least know who the guy is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought it would be cool to get the dark elf manticore model and add a couple of parts from the vargulf to it. like the head for example.
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
    Win-Draw-Loss
    Orks 1-0-0
    Vampire counts 0-0-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast