Welcome to Librarium Online!
I am going to start a vampire counts army with the new reliece of the book and would like some general advice about the army.
stuff like what units are best to inclued, how big units should be, and anythin elce realy
I have never used vampire counts and have never even played against them so i know absolutley nothing about them.
Welcome to the dark side, first off.
A few basics:
1. There is no range to the VC army. It is all magic phase and close combat. The Banshee's wail is about the only attack done during the shooting phase. That being said, you must both tailor your army and your strategies to this fact. VC win through a war of attrition, and you need to outlast your opponents once HtH combat begins.
2. Big units are golden in the vampire count army. Zombies and skeletons must start at 20, as small units of these troop types get destroyed very easily. The more elite units can get by in smaller formations, but unless they are skirmishers, I don't field units that are 5-10.
3. Always remember that your vampires and necromancers casting Nercomancy spells CAN REPEAT the spell, and cast it again in the same magic phase (dice allowing.) The Invocation of Nekreh better be cast any time a unit has lost members. Again, the key is to outlast your opponent.
4. You'll need to have a few vampires spread throughout your battleline if you want to march move. The nice thing is that the entire army is considered undead now, so using march moves only will work if you have the proper vampire precence.
5. While the special and rare choices are swanky, this army survives on this core choices. Skeletons, zombies are a must. Dire wolves are great flankers, as are Cairn Wraiths. Run a Vanghulf near both units to keep them moving quickly.
6. As far as magic and how to trick out your Vampires with magic items/powers? Erm, ask someone who has better luck than I.