Old VC advice needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old VC advice needed.

Hello everyone,

I am currently not a VC player... but with all the nice new models you guys got.... perhaps I will be soon.

In any case, I am currently in a 'Border Princes' Campaign and my ally is a VC player and is a rather young player, but I help him when I can. Our main adversary currently is an empire player, who is a good guy... but doesn't seem to realize how unsporting his lists can be. I have no problem with people being cheezy in a 'strait Victory Point' tournament, but In a 20 week league, try and play your army... not a bunch of rediculous stuff.

For example, last night I played the empire guy for the first time in the league and the first time at all in over 2 months. I took my basic list, swaping out a few items, ect... the usuall. He took two steam tanks, an Arch lector, warrior preist and 2 level 2 mages. I was not pleasently surpised. In any case, He is also playing the VC player this week, and is outnumbered 2400 to 2000 points. He was talking about how he'd need to use Karl Franz on a dragon to win that game. I have no doubt he will play him. I have read a lot of the new VC book, but don't know the old one well. What are the best options for dealing with the emperor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Keithb View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am currently not a VC player... but with all the nice new models you guys got.... perhaps I will be soon.

In any case, I am currently in a 'Border Princes' Campaign and my ally is a VC player and is a rather young player, but I help him when I can. Our main adversary currently is an empire player, who is a good guy... but doesn't seem to realize how unsporting his lists can be. I have no problem with people being cheezy in a 'strait Victory Point' tournament, but In a 20 week league, try and play your army... not a bunch of rediculous stuff.

For example, last night I played the empire guy for the first time in the league and the first time at all in over 2 months. I took my basic list, swaping out a few items, ect... the usuall. He took two steam tanks, an Arch lector, warrior preist and 2 level 2 mages. I was not pleasently surpised. In any case, He is also playing the VC player this week, and is outnumbered 2400 to 2000 points. He was talking about how he'd need to use Karl Franz on a dragon to win that game. I have no doubt he will play him. I have read a lot of the new VC book, but don't know the old one well. What are the best options for dealing with the emperor.
    I don't know the actual rules of your campaign, but probably the first thing to do would be to pull the guy aside and kindly ask him not to be a pain in the neck. You could also talk to the campaign coordinator and talk to him about reviewing the lists for "fairness."

As far as killing karl Franz, the best bet you have is getting him in combat with a large unit of cheap zombies or something and letting him munch on them for awhile. You could banshee scream into him (without getting the banshee in combat) and hope he fails his leadership test. Killing blow will also work on him I think even if he's on the dragon, because in combat you can allocate hits on him and not the dragon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the Wighth Blade killing blow ability is the end of any hero. You will need to pin Karl in place with ever thickening Zombies in order to bring the Grave Guard or Black Knights to bear. The great new thing with VC's is that you can raise the Grave guard back as well to keep the pressure on.

Of the other alternative is to bring along a 400 point Vampire to teach him some things.
    "Sometimes I wonder why I still live amongst the humans." -
    Kieran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

"The great new thing with VC's is that you can raise the Grave guard back as well to keep the pressure on." /quote
    -He is talking about the old/current VCs, please read the opening post.

Challenging with a tooled up blood dragon lord can fit the bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all....Karl Franz at 2k? That is a major point sink. That being said, I think you have a fair few options. Hand of Dust can help, as can Killing blow, But, Why not just take a tooled up Blood Dragon on a Zombie Dragon, then have a few Necromancers in the backround summoning all over the place? I mean, you can tie Franz up with wave after wave of Zombies or Skellies if you need to, right?
    I'm Solid Snake...also, I'm a Primarch.

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

I have to agree with bucker00 here (again).

This guy sounds really unsporting and a quiet chat with him might do the trick.

Cheesing out at tournaments is expected but when you're playing against outside of this realm you've got to tone it down a bit (especially if you want to make friends).
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

+ Reply to Thread