zombies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: zombies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zombies

I currently dont like the zombie models for VC so I have 2 questions; is it possible to field an army without zombies and still be effective (not just army list but the summoning aswell) and if this isnt really possible can anyone give me some conversion ideas to make them look snazzy and not to mention gory.
    thx

A prisoner of war is a man that tries to kill you and fails, and then asks that you not to kill him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

What with the book being changed from a Necro to Vamp base, Zombies are no longer needed at all. They are nowhere near as good as they used to be. In all the lists ive written up for them so far, ivegone with Ghould, and no Zombies. They just dont seem worth it any more tbh.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

they're not totally worthless - just not as effective. But, I agree, you don't have to have them. On the other hand, I think 2 big units of skeletons is now practically mandatory.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

The way I see it is zombies are now useful only really for summoning. I mean, you can summon a very large amount of them really easily, making for great flankers. You just summon them then use dance them into a flank or the rear. Even if the enemy does get a few extra kills off of them, the fact that the foe just lost their rank bonus and you have +2 from a rear bonus more than makes up for it. Plus, would the enemy even be able to run? IIRC you have to run directly away from the attackers. Now they have an attacker on each side- wouldn't they automatically die if they are forced to flee? And its quite possible you are now outnumbering considering the massive amounts of zombies you can easily summon.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    The way I see it is zombies are now useful only really for summoning. I mean, you can summon a very large amount of them really easily, making for great flankers. You just summon them then use dance them into a flank or the rear. Even if the enemy does get a few extra kills off of them, the fact that the foe just lost their rank bonus and you have +2 from a rear bonus more than makes up for it. Plus, would the enemy even be able to run? IIRC you have to run directly away from the attackers. Now they have an attacker on each side- wouldn't they automatically die if they are forced to flee? And its quite possible you are now outnumbering considering the massive amounts of zombies you can easily summon.
    you always get to run if in combat. If you leave a unit of 5+ zombies outside of combat behind a unit ~ then you can trap units fleeing from the main unit (ie. raise them directly behind the unit you are fighting) I don't know if you can cast that spell during combat, but I think you can. I'll have to check the book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

I would still go for zombies when i make a VC army, but that's just because i'm a zombie afficiando. I've gone through the new and old armybook this weekend and i tend to agree that 2 skeleton unit seem mandatory.

edit: 1666 posts, i'm a thousand posts above the devil
    Last edited by Zema; March 10th, 2008 at 16:16.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

I don't think I'll ever purchase zombies as a squad (don't quote me however), but I will be raising them in most of my games as:

a) They're easy to raise squads of
    b) They're easy to raise models in squads

This can make a fast and easy screen for your advancing troops as the enemy must kill the 10x2 zombie unit you just summoned before he can hit your skeletons and such with shooting and magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

^ Similar to above. Zombies won't find themselves in my army list, but I will certainly be raising some. So they're rubbish in just about every way, you can raise a tonne of them in a magic heavy army, and soon it becomes something your opponent just can't ignore.

Either that or they'll hold up an enemy unit / block gun lines for a while.

Bottom line, they may be rubbish, but they are still very useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Smallhousen View Post
    ^ Similar to above. Zombies won't find themselves in my army list, but I will certainly be raising some. So they're rubbish in just about every way, you can raise a tonne of them in a magic heavy army, and soon it becomes something your opponent just can't ignore.

Either that or they'll hold up an enemy unit / block gun lines for a while.

Bottom line, they may be rubbish, but they are still very useful.
    If i do get some zombies i am gonna convert em though, because the way they look now is just stupid. So some other heads, cutting and sculpting the shoulders so they look half decent and not using that inane musical instrument and banner.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread