Musicians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Musicians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musicians

Is it just me, or is anyone else curious as to why skeletons, and their similarly organless fellows the grave guard, have been given instruments which require lungs to play a note?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget that nonsense why take a musician in a skeleton regiment... i mean you don't flee and if it comes down to the musician to tie the combat... you don't lose by a combat resolution so you don't crumble one.... so its 4pts on skeletons and 6 on grave guard that is pretty much not doing jack....

ps. arguing skeletons blowing horns is funny if you accept the fact well... a skeleton is walking and fighting etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to promote musicians, they're even more important on undead even though they can't run/regroup. Not all enemies have musicians, and if you lose combat to an outnumbering fear causing opponent (skeletons) by one or by fifty you're still going to run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

If it's a tied combat and they have a musician you still lose by one. pg 81 LRB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

they can stil grind and clapper their teeth though. That's what that horn's for - to amplify the gritty sounds

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I'd use a musician in my undead units. You want to win as often as possible, and having a small chance to win added for 4 points is worth it if you can auto-break the enemy.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree with Phalanx. If you outnumber an opponent but don't win because you lacked a musician, then you just missed autobreaking the enemy. Well worth the small point cost.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderEmpire View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else curious as to why skeletons, and their similarly organless fellows the grave guard, have been given instruments which require lungs to play a note?
    YES! It annoys the bejesus out of me, for some reason.

Hence why most of my undead units (so far) have drums (they're the old skeletons) or a rack full of chimes and bells and the like (my Black Knights).

I don't know what I'm going to do about my Grave Guard, though. Maybe I'll give him a stick to bang on his horn-thing. Or just claim that's what he's doing.

Or, we can just fall back on the default excuse for everything we can't explain; "magic!"
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Sure it's odd giving them instruments that require lungs to play, but even with drums what good are they going to be when they don't have ears to hear them so the fact they can't play the instrument isn't the issue. Perhaps seeing a musical instrument brings back any memories they had in life, that's if they can remember things.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

You can play something without hearing it, can't you? I mean, you're banging a drum - you don't have to be in tune or it time or anything.

I guess we go back to the earlier point; these guys are up and pottering about and killing things - they remember that fine. Or at least the Vampire's will is making them do it. So he can make them play as well.

Which presumably also means he could make them play a horn, but I'm still sceptical.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast