Wounds for losing combat CAN be saved? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Can wounds lost due to Combat Resolution be saved or regenerated?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, they cannot. It says so on page...(point to correct page)

1 2.94%
  • Why, yes you can. They must have changed it!

32 94.12%
  • No, you can't. They must have made an error while re-writing the book.

1 2.94%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wounds for losing combat CAN be saved?

The Tomb Kings armybook states:

Undead cannot be broken, but Undead units beaten in combat suffer one additional wound for every point they lose the combat by (no saves of any kind, not even Regeneration or Wards saves, are allowed against such wounds).
    The Vampire Counts armybook states:

Undead cannot be broken, but Undead units beaten in combta suffer one Wound for every point by which they lose the combat. No armour saves are allowed against these Wounds.
    Rules As Written imply that Vampire Counts units that lose combat, can still take Ward Saves against such wounds or even Regenerate them. Am I correct? Am I wrong? Or is this an error in the new armybook?

Last edited by MisterDutch; April 5th, 2008 at 16:50.
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

until a faq is provided i would use that as written. siting a army book that was written in a previous edition doesn't site precidence in this case since they are two different undead armies so until GW states otherwise working as intended!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Yup, ward saves and regen are now allowed for crumbling, be it from combat res or loss of general. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in WD as well.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

You are right 2000AD.

In the battle report in last issue they said that the varghulf kept on regenerating wounds suffered from losing combat.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right 2000AD.
    You are right herman1004.
    Only armour saves cannot be taken...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I was pretty surprised by this development. I was looking at moriarsotek's thread about his "Mighty Varghulf" and he referenced once or twice that his varghulf used regen to avoid CR wounds.

I was about to inform him of how wrong he was (and therefore have my foot in my mouth) when I decided to make sure. Lo and behold, there it was as plain as day, Regen and Ward Saves protect from CR wounds!

"Does a dance of happiness"

:party:
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, that's pretty sweet! 8X Thanks for your input, guys :party2:
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly why the Drakenhof banner on a Wight Lord is one of the most important units for the new Vampires.

Those hammer units of Grave Guard or Black Knights or even blood Knights, if you are crazy enough to take a decent sized unit, are in serious need of protection from unfortunate crumbling when CR finds a way to overwhelm them.

About 8 months ago at a GT I had a very strong Vampire Lord with BSB & 10 Black Knights, the Cursed book was supposed to stop my opponent from getting too many hits and the 2+ armor was supposed to stop him from causing too many kills, but bad luck saw him roll 25% kill from base number of attacks when his 2 lance-formations of Bretonnian Knights charged in! I lost 6 Black knights then I whiffed on my Lord's attacks and ended up losing combat by 1 more point than my entire unit and characters had wounds! If I had the drakenhof Banner like I do now, I would have still taken casualties, but my General/BSB would have survived locking the enemy down and allowing the flank charge i had so carefully setup!

Today I'll be Regenerating all the wounds possible and perhaps survivng soem bad luck turns a little easier.

I'm also trying to find a good way to field a Vargulf in my army. His sturdy toughness and regen can stop most combat attacks and CR loss crumbles can be negated by regen, so I think it'll be a serious asset if I can find room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Yes Ward and Regan can be made. FOR VC ONLY.

TK and Vamp Necro isn't the same, and that's all fluff anyway.

From a rules standpoint each uses it's own current Armybook. They can't "borrow" the others for a rule. Even if it has the same name it isn't the same rule.

So VC go to their book and get it.

And TK currently go to their book, and don't.

Differant armies, differant rules.
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yep... VC don't forbid it at all, just can't take armor saves.

And in addition to TK's, the new Daemons of Chaos army book specifically talk about regen and ward saves in their equivalent checks. Just more to reinforce the ability of VC's to take regen against crumbling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast