Taking the Wing off. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the Wing off.

For anyone like me who loves 75% of the bestial vampire with the giant stupid wing over his head I found a quick solution for you. You can cut the arm off completely take the shoulder off as well. Then you need to get yourself Storm Vermin arms. The ones holding the halberds. There should be an armored arm the halberds and another hand attached. Cut away the halberd and hand and you have an arm with a similar armor style to the left hand. From there you can put on a shield or dress up the right arm to look a little cleaner without any niks in the armor. After that if you want a really clean job do it up with green stuff, but it doesn't look to bad right now before I've started to pretty it up. It's doable for anyone who can use flat headed cutters. Really quick I just wish that the bits order system was still up for people without access to storm vermin arms.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only the strong may truly judge what is sane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Can you post a picture because i can't really imagine it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Please post a picture or two, sounds like a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the wing spoils a brilliant model.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a pic. It isn't finished but this is where I am so far with the arm fixed in place and no green stuff work done yet.
    Attached Images
    Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only the strong may truly judge what is sane.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Hmm, perhaps it's because of the way I'm used to seeing the model, but it seems like the pose is still better suited to an army reaching up. He looks like he's struggling with the weight of his sword =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pose is a little off still. I'm going to put a shield on, lower the shoulder and restore the right pectoral muscle with green stuff. I'm hoping it will look more like he is climbing a heap of dead with a heavy shield. I'll put up another pick when I move on a little.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Ah yes! that would definitely work well if you remodeled his posture =). Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put a big coffin lid pavise on his arm and stuck a few arrows in it, it would look like hes taking cover from fire in the pose he's currently in.

personally i love the batwing arm. i had to change out his sword of a bigger one though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is either going to have the empire wizard flaming sword or the empire wizard skull on fire in his off hand!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast