Starting VC question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting VC question

Hey The new Vampire Count stuff caught my eyes, so i feel tempted to start a vampire count army in addition to my Orcs and Goblins
    I was wondering if anyone can help me write a list that would cost me the least amount of money.
    Im thinking of including a lot of knights, but iono how much core to take ect.

Please Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Well, lots of Knights and Cost Little Money are about as incompatible as goals can get in WarHammer =). The new VC battalions are quite a good value compared to the retails on the new models, two of those will set you up with all the core you could want for a lot of 2,000 pt lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Welcome to the world of VC.

My advice to you is use the LO army builder service, the guys there make great list so check it out. That's the place you go if you want a list written for you not here.

(Librarium Online Army Builder)Army builder
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosive View Post
    Hey The new Vampire Count stuff caught my eyes, so i feel tempted to start a vampire count army in addition to my Orcs and Goblins
    I was wondering if anyone can help me write a list that would cost me the least amount of money.
    Im thinking of including a lot of knights, but iono how much core to take ect.

Please Help

If u want to make a quick vamp army with least amount of money the only way to go is convertions.
    Top of my head:flagelants box, u can make spirit host, u get 6 bases and they look nice as ghosts.
    Knights:tomb kings cav, u get 8 horsemen which u can use as black knights.
    Zombies:not much here, u need 3 boxes to fill the core.
    Characters:get 2 of the new plastic sets that give 2 chars,mounted and on foot, then u have 4 vampires.
    Painting makes the difference,everything else will look cool.The cost of all of that is around 2000pts and around 200 euros but with not much options.Hope that helps and gave u ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'd strongly suggest getting the Battalion box (~450-500 points). You can add a Vampire to this and have a Border Patrol force (if you buy Vlad he's also a 1/4 of a full 2k army).

Another Battalion box is probably a good idea for keeping cost low. Beyond that everything is a little expensive.

Knights wise:
    Blood Knights are very expensive, but great models. I personally don't much care for Black Knights.
    If your willing to convert them a little, then I'd use Knights of the Realm as Black Knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. Go for 20 of the old skeletons, then you have your core.. 10 x skele + 10 x skele, that should also be about 200 with full command in both core choices.

Other then that I would surgest going all out on Vampire with bloodline powers and magic items.

1000 point army

Heros:
    Vampire, with magic stuff (makeing more skeletons) = 200
    Vampire with mele stuff (Kicking Baaass) = 200
    Vampire with movement 18 and heavy weapon (breaking chariots and cannon crew)= 200

Core
    10 x skeletons with command = 100

Then all you need is 200 point of cool stuff and your up and running 8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

1000 point army

Heros:
    Vampire, with magic stuff (makeing more skeletons) = 200
    Vampire with mele stuff (Kicking Baaass) = 200
    Vampire with movement 18 and heavy weapon (breaking chariots and cannon crew)= 200

Core
    This may be cheap but it is an awful starter army and very easy to beat. I wouldn't recommend it.

Here are some tips for getting some cheap units
    -Stretch out your box of zombies you can get 30-35 with each box which.
    -Want ghouls but don't like the units, get some empire militia and mix with some zombie parts, you should have hanging around.
    -Black knights can be empire or brettonian knights with a suitable paint scheme and some skeletal parts.
    -Spirit host can be any infantry in the game put on a 40mm base and painted ghostly
    -Cairn wraiths look good as executioners or great swords painted ghostly plus they're cheaper, a £12 box for a 250pt unit is a good deal.
    -Blood knights, check the net there are some good cheaper conversion guides out there
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not worried about converting at all....im not bragging, but i would say im fairly good at it,
    I already know how im going to convert all the special models, the thing is just the backbone of the army (zombies and skellies)So, if anyone could help me with a list thats close combat...i would be much appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosive View Post
    im not worried about converting at all....im not bragging, but i would say im fairly good at it,
    I already know how im going to convert all the special models, the thing is just the backbone of the army (zombies and skellies)So, if anyone could help me with a list thats close combat...i would be much appreciated
    One list i used and worked fine against WE,Brets,Dwarfs,Skaven and DE is:

20skellies,FC,war banner
    20zombies,banner
    20zombies,banner
    1 corpse
    20GG,FC
    20GG,FC
    12GG,GW
    12GG.GW

Chars
    Lord,extra level,+2PD,Helm...rest up to u (joining skellies)
    Vamp,Walking death,Avatar(joining GG)
    Vamp,Walking death,Avatar(joining GG)
    Necro(on corpse),Vanhels,Book

This list gives a lot of S6 and S4 attacks all magic with killing blow,enough PD to maintain the army and move them and also the vamp units start with +6 combat resolution..u dont leave room to get outflanked and u occasionly strike first with CC ,not bad.

+ Reply to Thread