VC Lord + Zombie Dragon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VC Lord + Zombie Dragon

I'm toying around with this idea for my 3500 pts list for a comparable match with Mannfred:

Vampire Lord mounted on Zombie Dragon w/dreadlance, flayed hauberk, red fury, forbidden lore, lvl 3 upgrade.

The way I'm looking at it, potential 8 str 7 attacks from the VC Lord, 5 Str 6 from the dragon, causes terror, -1 to hit (so basically going to be 5s at best), breath weapon,
    negates flank bonuses and flies! I know its a lot of points, but coupling it with wraiths, vargulfs and several solid units of infantry - can cause alot of havoc in the enemy lines. Plus its very mobile - I've found that enemies spread out their folks so by the time I hit the enemy lines, it takes me several turns to turn and march out to clear the remaining folks. Any comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

At 3500 points, I say go for it. You will have the addtional hero slot, and at that high a game, I dont think its that much of a point sink

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I can't see why not at such a point level. Of course, he'll have to watch out for nasty shooty things, but I'm sure if he can get past that he's going to be a bit of a headache for your opponents.

If you do end up fielding this guy, let us know how he does!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i think i would love to field a model like that ina big game Beautiful to look at and devastating on the table top!!! please post how it goes and good luck!:ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what I'm thinking about is converting the High Elf plastic dragon to a zombie - drill holes in the wing membranes, carve out some sections of the body and skulpt entrails and bones and stuff. Also may take the riders legs from the High Elf and combine them with a Blood Knight torso - think it'll look pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread