2 Vs. 2 tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Vs. 2 tournament

Hey peps, me and a buddy will attend a tournament where we will be playing 2 Vs. 2 battles with 500 point armys.
    I'm not sure but i think they are using the border patrol rules, which meens 1 core unit and 1 hero.

My buddy playes night goblins (not orc and goblins, just goblins) and i have my few thousand ponts Vampire counts army.¨

What i need your help doing is creating the most badass borderpatrol ever, and i know you can do just that.

I was thinking of doing a few different 500 points with your help.

My ideas was ither the ghoul lord with the 18 movement as to charge in turn one wiping what shuld be safe while having some grave guards stay core with backup from dire wolfs and the 10 ghouls.

Or, the spell vampire with 3 dice and the 9+ 1d3 zombies staff, and hopefully a bound item. Supportet by elite troops of graveguard (x 12 with banner of the dead legion) and skeltons.

Or, perhaps a go all out with etereal vampire and wraiths spirit host, and 20 zombies, cheep as they come.

What do you all think, what would rock a 500 point battle when joining sides with goblins

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

The tried and tested solid vampire at small games is:

Lord of the Dead
    Dark Acolyte
    (magic items of your choice)

Stick him in a unit of skellies and just 1 dice invocation as much as possible.

For a fun option if you want to match the mayhem of the goblins there's the Stonehenge variant:

Forbidden Lore
    Power Stone
    Power Stone

Not many people expect spells like Pit of Shades or Comet of Cassandora in a 500 point army.

For core I'd say avoid zombies. You're not going to have many units and zombies are complete rubbish.
    Wraiths could be brilliant but will probably be few in number given points limit.
    Varghulf's are solid.
    Black Coach, could be useful but wont reach it's potential due to (probable) lack of wizards.
    Blood Knights will either dominate or be a waste of points.
    Grave guard and black knights are solid.
    Spirit Hosts could be good due to lack of magic, but are expensive.
    Fell bats ..... probably nothing to use them effectively against
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For border patrol best general hero u have is not a vamp...its the unstopable Wight King....T5 3W 3+ armor killing blow....give him the bloody hauberg and he has 2+armor(it combines with shield and hand weapon) and 5+ ward...not gonna die.

For the rest i use 2x20 zombies with banner,10 GG with GW and 2x5 wolves. U have numbers (that cause fear),banners,flanking units and str6 killing blow center with the king....no magic but whatever its 500pts game.

Goblins have cheaper wizards to use, if he has goblin chariots use them with your wolves,spider riders or anything fast to charge on round 2.
    Anyway the plan is simple,u have fear causeing numbers he has shock troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But doesn't a vampire have to lead your army?
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure i still need a vampire to lead the army, sure the wight king would be great but not a valid choice.

I dont see why i would use zombies unless i have no other choice since they die when fighting goblins, and cost more.

One thing is for sure, i will use the banner of the dead legion.

Thanks for the imput on the use different troops would have in a borderpatrol so far, and i like the Crasy vampire from hell idea. (good to get the more stabile one to though)

Not really sure what i will go for yet though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apachetear View Post
    But doesn't a vampire have to lead your army?

In border batrol these limitations are "lifted",like tomb kings dont need 2 chars to be liable....but
    NOWHERE in the new book it says that u need a vamp as general or a wizard to lead your army (like the last one did),so the 1 with the higher Ld must be your general eg if u have 2 vamps and a wight king the king will be the general.

@benji, i thought u r playing side by side with gobbos, not against them.Anyway, if u want tougher troops go for ghouls and a vamp with the power to raise more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be playing side by side with the gobbos, and i did not know that. Sweet.

I will have to check out the rules for crumbling later then.

That sure is nice to know. Thanks a bundle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This I did not know!

I'd love to have an army led by an Uber-Wight!

shame the only lords choices are all bite and no bone :-(
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2000AD View Post
    The tried and tested solid vampire at small games is:

Lord of the Dead
    Dark Acolyte
    (magic items of your choice)

Stick him in a unit of skellies and just 1 dice invocation as much as possible.

For a fun option if you want to match the mayhem of the goblins there's the Stonehenge variant:

Forbidden Lore
    Power Stone
    Power Stone

Not many people expect spells like Pit of Shades or Comet of Cassandora in a 500 point army.
    Illegal, in Border Patrol no single model may cost more than 125 points. Ergo, all you can take is a vampire with up to 25 points of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by ovassilias View Post
    For border patrol best general hero u have is not a vamp...its the unstopable Wight King....T5 3W 3+ armor killing blow....give him the bloody hauberg and he has 2+armor(it combines with shield and hand weapon) and 5+ ward...not gonna die.

For the rest i use 2x20 zombies with banner,10 GG with GW and 2x5 wolves. U have numbers (that cause fear),banners,flanking units and str6 killing blow center with the king....no magic but whatever its 500pts game.
    That's also illegal in two different ways, firstly you cannot take a wight king as you can only have ONE character which HAS GOT to be a vampire. Also you cannot take more than 4 units in a border patrol (characters excluded)

Quote Originally Posted by ovassilias View Post
    In border batrol these limitations are "lifted",like tomb kings dont need 2 chars to be liable....but
    NOWHERE in the new book it says that u need a vamp as general or a wizard to lead your army (like the last one did),so the 1 with the higher Ld must be your general eg if u have 2 vamps and a wight king the king will be the general.
    Wrong, check the new Vampire Counts armybook page 88 under "Choosing Characters". "A Vampire Counts army must always include at least one Vampire character to act as its general."
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Knew it!

:-( Shame though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast