My characters with fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

My characters with fluff

Hello everyone!

I'm doing a VC army and have been thinking of the character setup quite a bit. This is a fluff base army with the main story in the general's quest to find the source of dark magic to become the ultimate sorcerer. Enjoy:

The Host of The Seeker

Characters
    Vampire Lord 425
    Extra Level
    Dark Acolyte
    Master of the Black Arts
    Lord of the Dead
    Sword of Might
    The Flayed Hauberk
    The Book of Arkhan

Name: Charoi the Seeker

Story:
    Charoi was once a famed seer of the Empire and one of the first to study at the colleges of magic. With his knowledge and his skills to control the winds of magic he provided the Empire with magical prowess in the struggle against Vlad von Carstein’s incursion. But by the time Vlad learned of the colleges and the first battle wizards, he sent his minions to infect them with vampirism and Marcus Rigen, or Charoi the Seeker as he and everyone who fear and follow him call him, was the first to succumb to the illness. That night, the Geheimnisnacht itself, a great storm ravaged the Empire, and the men who guarded the body of Marcus Rigen witnessed the wizard rise from his coffin and howl out his curses to the creatures that had made him a vampire. He swore on his name that he would avenge himself, and then he let his powers ravage the camp where he and his company were stationed. No man survived and now it is a haunted place. Charoi was the name he chose and he now travels all around the world in search for the source of Dark Magic. He is a formidable wizard as well as a more than capable fighter and wherever he roams, great hordes of never ending horror arise, for he is a true master of dead creatures and he is seeking revenge and power. Other vampires fear him for his temperament and all his enemies should beware, for should he discover the source of dark magic, none would be able to stand up against him.

Vampire 190
    Ghoulkin
    Hunter in the Dark
    Talisman of the Lynci
    Skabscrath

Name: Peero Mencher

Story:
    Peero is one of the few vampires of which are born vampires. Though creatures like him lack magical skills, they often find clever ways to exploit the powers they are gifted with. Peero was the result of a vampire with seductive powers and a poor old farmer of the Empire, and has a natural bond with ghouls as they were the only creatures who would accept him. As his vampire father was killed by a witch hunter and his human mother left him in the woods, he was kindly offered a stay with some ghouls in a crypt nearby. There he developed his skills as a scout and an unfortunate evening, he felt the presence of one of his kind. Charoi the Seeker was on the look for recruits for his first campaign and he willingly accepted Peero as his follower. He now serves Charoi as a scout and often fills the role as an advisor in war as well.

Vampire 190
    Dark Acolyte
    Lord of the Dead
    Helm of Commandment
    Black Periapt

Name: Galina Mencher

Background:
    Galina is Peero’s sister and though she is not born vampire, they have always stayed together as brother and sister. Galina is far more skilled in the art of magic and always sticks close to her master to observe his power to learn more. No one except Charoi know who Galina was before she turned into a vampire, but the rumours say that her first act after she was affected was to slay the unfortunate vampire who had infected her. She never talks about it and is rarely seen other places than her chambers and with her master, eager to learn more of the forbidden magical lore of which is her outmost desire to someday master. In battle she is ruthless and can suddenly disappear without a trace, but Charoi knows that she is always with them no matter how grave the situation is.

Necromancer 185
    Corpse Cart
    Staff of Damnation

Name: Durznir

Background:
    Durznir was always fascinated by death and in his childhood he experienced terrible things to trigger his interests. His father was infected with vampirism and his mother was slain by a witch hunter by a mistake. In rage, his father swore to avenge her, but was defeated and killed by the witch hunter with the aid of a light wizard. Durznir’s life had turned upside down and the little boy didn’t know where to go. He prowled the streets of Altdorf for weeks, but was picked up by a battle wizard of the Amethyst order and began his studying. He ventured far across the Empire, but one unfortunate night he discovered the witch hunter who had slain both his mother and his father. The wind of Shyish tempted him, and he could not control his actions. He unleashed all his powers upon the witch hunter and killed him in a ritual to avenge his parents. There he was, friendless, banned from the Empire and with no other talent than death and magic. He soon learned that the society of men was weak, and began a new ritual to make himself immortal. The ritual was near completion but some roaming wights interrupted him and captured him. He lived with them for years and one day the wights decided to join a great force led by a powerful vampire. This is how Durznir came to join Charoi and begin to study the black arts. He is now a wretched creature, more dead than living after an accident when he was to summon some zombies for his master. This took a great toll on his powers, but to this day he is responsible for getting the undead forces in their places before a battle and the day to day summoning.

Characters Total

Comments are welcome.

Last edited by Rising Leviathan; April 23rd, 2008 at 09:57.
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Not bad, I like it!

There were a few things I thought were a bit odd, but really I think your backgrounds are fine as they are.

Are these guys going in a 2000 point army?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

Yes they are kitted for around 2000ish. On a second thought it might be a little too much to spend on my characters and I'm considering dropping one, but who?

Any suggestions?
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Nah, characters in a unit will usually beat most other units without characters.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

If you really did want to drop one then, from a fluff point of view, Galina Mencher would probably be my pick. You do say she can often disappear without a trace

But in all honesty, I think you'd be alright. You might have to be a little careful with the rest of your army selection (i.e. not going overboard on banners and whatever else you can cram in) but you should be okay.

Not that I'd know, really! My set of characters is almost 900 points all up; it's pretty hard not to go nuts with them, points-wise.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

Thanks for the input
    I will not drop Galina as she is the only who can cast magic with some success apart from Charoi. My army needs magic and it WILL have magic8X
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

+ Reply to Thread