Avatar Clarification.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i was expecting in the FAQ some form of clarification about this ability, it says that the vamp has heavy armor and great,hand or additional...but it doesnt say anywhere if you must specify this in your army list or if the vamp actually has it all and chooses in the combat phase.

To me it seems logic for 20pts to have it all (or if u like a bit expensive to pay 20pts for heavy armor and additional, when other heroes pay 4 for heavy and 2-4 for add.) but i dont actually know or seen anywhere that the vamp must state what equipment he is actually buying when u submit the list.

Ive been to 3 official tournaments so far but no one seems to actually give a straight answer (i.e. u only have that, or u have it all).

any thoughts or knowledge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The power says he is armed with either GW, HW+shield or add. HW, so it is only one of the options. But whether you decide when you buy the power, or it works like selecting magic (you decide before each battle) I don't know.
    I've been playing it like mundane equipment, you decide what he has when you buy him, as that seems most right to me. That way there shouldn't be any problems.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The wording of the power seems to indicate you have the heavy armor and then one of the possible weapon choices. So once the game begins, that's what you have. Now there's not a "Avatar of Death - Great Weapon", "Avatar of Death - Two Hand Weapons", etc.... so I do interpret that as you being able to choose before each game, but then you're stuck with that choice the entire game. Similar to lores of magic for normal wizards.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

I realize that WYSIWYG is mostly a 40K concept, but it seems like, for Mundane equipment, there ought to be some basic reflection of what the model is carrying. I would be a little irked by an opponent who say, had a classic Von Carstein with a dagger that alternately 'actually' had a GW or HW+Shield at his whimsy.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

How is that any different than using a Von Carstein vampire model for an Avatar of Death vamp when you always pick the same thing? Picking before each game or picking once and always using the same thing, well you're still using a model with inappropriate equipment.

Anyway, most people won't mind if you're clear with them up front what you're taking... but you could always get a couple different old blood dragon vampires and substitute whichever one you want to use for that game.

Now personally, I almost always go for the great weapon.. unless I'm against either lower armor / low tough hordes or daemons (who have wards, so I just want the initiative).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never state on my list and no one has every questioned me, even at a torn. Use say when the situation arises and choose the most suited thats what i always do. Abit cheeky but hey who cares,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, the wording makes it clear. Hvy armor and then one of the three options. They sure did make it difficult to get decent armor on a vampire, but I can understand why they did it. Otherwise, you'd have 100 pts of vamp powers, 100 pts of magic items, and then armor/weapon upgrades at X pts. It seems an attempt to tone down the vamps, which almost seems laughable.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread