vampire on nightmare - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vampire on nightmare

I am making a 750pts and a 2500 pts army and in both armies are heroes on a nightmare.

There isn(t a vampire counts character on nightmare (exept manfred wich i don't like) so I should make it from another model.

What model do you guys use for a vampire lord on nightmare????

I was thinking about a blood knight, the green knight ,high elf lord on steed...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever considered the Lord of Khorne & Nurgle on Daemonic Mounts? Just place them on Cavalry bases and they're good to go. I'm eying the Khorne Lord on Daemonic Mount for when I get rolling into VC (can field him as a Wight King and/or a Vampire Thrall/Lord).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There r vampires on nightmares, only problem is that they r mounted on old warhorses, compared to a blood knight they look too small.
    Blood dragon, carsteins and necrarchs all come in blisters of 1 mounted and 1 on foot....thats 3 mounted vamps+manfred (old and new)+if u can find the old vamps around 3-4 models that are riding nightmares....

U have a lot to choose mate cant see why u cant find a mounted vamp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

There are plenty of "bigger" mounts out there, with various levels of modelling proficiency required. Best one I can think of is Archaon's demonic steed. Next is the Green Knight's steed, which can look very scary painted in blacks and reds.
    You can use Kurt Helborg or Ludwig Schwarzhelm's horses, though both of these are a little too "Empire". You can also use either Valten's steed (Korhandir I think) or Tyrion's steed (Malhandir) and finally there is the Wood Elf Giant Stag, or the old marauder Unicorn. Plenty of choices.
    Personally, I have seen a brilliant Blood Dragon made from Archaon, even going so far as to use the body of Archaon as well, though with a simple weapon swap using a Dragon Prince lance, and a head from an old Blood Dragon (the one with the spiked and crested helm).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Yeah heres mine. Though it fell off the shelf and doesn't quite look in this condition any more. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-big-pics.html (VC Lord Conversion. Blood knight leader. (3 big pics))

But i saw a good one out of the mannfred model on ebay, its head was a blood knight helmet (without the wings) but it had the wings of a the winged helmets stuck on and also had a lance from empire general plastic kit.

If there is going to be a plastic chaos lord kit then i can't wait, this is good news for anyone converting a VC lord on a mount. It will probably be a far easier convertion than the one i did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the original of the vampire?
    Is it archaon???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    What is the original of the vampire?
    Is it archaon???
    Pretty much how kithre descriped it, if he mean't mine anyway.

You HAVE to do a lot of pinning, otherwise the model just falls apart. It also doesn't really fit on a nightmare sized base, so thats another problem, but I just about managed to model my black knights around them, but no chance with blood knights. Best would be to keep it on the monster base.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Lol - that's almost the same as the one I was talking about, just a different paint job, I saw a similar one, with a different head, in the Kensington GW store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by kithre View Post
    Lol - that's almost the same as the one I was talking about, just a different paint job, I saw a similar one, with a different head, in the Kensington GW store.
    Well, they must have seen mine lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you're not limiting yourself to GW models, then there are lots of minis out there from other companies that would work. Reaper has some for sure, and no doubt other companies do, too.

Pop over to the modeling forum and you'll find an index of mini companies you can browse.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast