Representing the armies of Heinrich Kemmler - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Representing the armies of Heinrich Kemmler

I was thinking of how best to represent the armies of a mad-man such as Kemmler, who in the end was a Liche, not a Vampire, and given we don't really have the option to lead armies with non-vampires, i was hoping to gain some inspiration from the board.

I suppose the initial issue would be that the necromancer is a weak hero, so we would hve to use a vampire to proxy as Heinrich Kemmler. I suppose to model the Cloak of Mists and Shadows, I could give the model the appropriate powers from the vampiric powers section (ethereal, maybe flight), as well as not equipping him with armour, and giving him adequate vampiric powers to boost his abilities in the arcane.

Any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Make him a Vampire Lord w/ additional magic level, give him Ethereal and either Master of the Dark Arts or Dark Acolyte + Lord of the Dead (or one of the other summoning powers.

That makes him ethereal, magically buff and not too combat oriented... a lot like the original Heinrich.

As for his Army... obviously, he'd need to be backed up with a Wight Lord and probably several necromancers, possibly mounted on Plague Carts. I more than likely wouldn't include any other vampires.. but if I did, there'd only be one and only at a higher points level. I'd also suggest going fairly Core heavy.. lots of ranked units and wolves. For Special choices, probably no more than one unit of GG, if that, and maybe some Fell Bats.. or possibly some Spirit Hosts... ethereal is fluffy. The only Rare choice that makes any sense is the Cairn Wraiths + Banshee... and since you shouldn't be overspending on tons of HQ Vamps, you might actually be able to afford to take a nice size unit of these.
    Last edited by Psyan; June 3rd, 2008 at 17:53. Reason: Content
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Where are the rules for Kemmler? old VC book?
    Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; June 3rd, 2008 at 18:02.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

The most recent Kemmler rules were in White Dwarf about a year ago. They're probably still in pdf form somewhere on the site. Basically, he was an ethereal Necromancer Lord.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Googling Kemmler turns up some pages on GW sites, but I didn't see anything for the whole army. I only looked through 3 pages, so who knows...
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Thanks guys. I think the key issues I had with anthing to represent the "terror of the Lichemaster" is that he isn't given as having any Vampire characters in his armies, he is the general, and I don't think a Vampire would submit to his will. Of course, reckoning that we could represent him with Ethereal with the appropriate Arkane or Master powers, would be a reasonable assumption. Problem is then equipping him with magic items, when he is ethereal by virtue of the vampiric power....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    The most recent Kemmler rules were in White Dwarf about a year ago. They're probably still in pdf form somewhere on the site. Basically, he was an ethereal Necromancer Lord.
    From the UK GW archives:

GW Online : Warhammer : Vampire Counts : Vampire Counts Special Characters - Heinrich Kemmler

His special rule has been nerfed by the new Necromantic spell rules, but the change to the skull staff makes him a bit more powerful.

And for people wanting to make his army, Krell's rules are also there:

GW Online : Warhammer : Vampire Counts : Vampire Counts Special Characters - Krell
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread