new to VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new to VC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to VC

hey everyone, I'm totally new to WFB and I took a liking to vampire counts. So I've been reading through the forum and so far all I can tell is that the only good thing about vampire counts is their characters.
    to put it lightly i have no idea what im doing so any help would be appreciated

I have yet to get the new rulebook, but i will soon and i have the old one that a friend gave me, so if there are still bloodlines i was thinking about blood dragons with necromancers

all help is greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I also have come from 40K and taken a liking to vampire counts, mainly to get away from IG tank companies.

Vampire counts have no bloodlines anymore, but they do have bloodline powers that can be freely mixed, so if you wanted blood dragons you'd use their bloodline powers only.

Their troops aren't amazing, but they'll never run, and you can keep bringing them back to life.

Yep, their characters are awesome, there's a clue in their name "vampire counts". other cool things include the varghulf(vampire), blood knights(vampires), and ethereal things(you can only hurt them with magic, it's even possible to have an ethereal vampire... harsh)

I've been meaning to post a similar thread to this for some time now, actually.
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Bloodlines are indeed gone, but the models can still be used and there are now special traits you can give your vampire so you can still play blooddragons, to a fashion.

The new VC book is really well written, great rules and some great units.

But what i love best about the new book is the new models, the new skeletons and ghouls are just sooooo good. And the blood knights are the best models in the GW line atm.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm well i liked the look of the bestial vampire, but is he like the strigoi when you couldnt give them any magic weapons? And what are main units would i use more skellies or zombies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You've missed the point here. You can give any vampire anything you like. you could use a strigori model as a lvl four wizard if you wanted to, or as a combination of blood dragon and necrach powers, etc.

a slight down point is that all the tacticas here are outdated i believe
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats pretty cool and so are a lot of ethereals worth it? or what should i really use

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I think this is largely dependent on your opponent. Against an army with a lot of magic weapons, or just a lot of offensive magic spells, you would have to be very careful with your Ethereal units, or they will be destroyed in short order.

Against armies without so much magic power or weapons, they will be nigh on untouchable, though I believe you would still have to be careful of combat resolution.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to focus on "Blood Dragon" vampires and necromancers, then you would probably use Blood Knights, Black Knights, zombies, and corpse carts, with whatever else fits your play style. Dire Wolves are good screens for your blood knights, fell bats can hunt warmachines, like it was said earlier if your opponent doesn't use much magic ethereal spirit hosts and cairn wraiths are nice. Like everyone else will say, it all depends on the play style you want to follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so im getting a fat check for my birthday and what i was thinking was to get the battalion and the bestial lord to start off is that a decent buy? I already am getting the rulebook

+ Reply to Thread