Need Ideas About Starting VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Ideas About Starting VC

Hi i'm relatively new to Fantasy and i just got the new VC book...

I was just wondering what i should put in the army i'm thinking about a massive skellie zombie horde with lots of vampires to go with the fluff i'm doing for mordheim...

Could i have some help making a 2250 point Vampire count army with an emphasis on the 'Horde' side of things

_Archium (as soon as they change my name)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol You're a bit vague my friend. I wouldn't think you want to have lots of zombies because they are pretty much the worst unit in the game..yay Vampire Counts. Skelies aren't too much better but you at least get a full ccmd and a few banners that aren't too bad. Even so I see most VC players rolling with the ghouls. But for the sake of fluff you would probablly be looking at I would say 3 big blocks of bones with SB and musician. With a few Vamps with lord of the dead and a necro with a book of arkhan. There are so many possibilities that you have some room for error and can still have a decent army with the new VC.

Anyways, you should post a list and perhaps someone could help you out a little bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually actually use ALL ghouls besides my group of Black Knights and my group of gravegaurd at 2250 (oviously my lord and vampires too) But with Ghoulkin and summon ghouls it ends up being a very strong list to have to compete with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Well, if you want to have the skeleton/ zombie horde, here are a few suggestions.
    -Start with one zombie unit. No more. Having 20 zombies or a few more if points permit, will save you some power dice in the opening rounds of the game. However, they are merely going to absorb damage. That is all.
    -Skeletons will do just about the same. Only if you put a vampire in the unit is it going to make any kills. Some of the magic standards are pretty nice and can help buff up the combat res, but only if you find the points.
    -Magic. You are going to need to have a great deal of magic. Bound spells are also really useful as they use up opponents' dispel dice. I would reccomend loading up on your magic as much as you can without losing you combat effectiveness.
    -Something has to make the kills. Vampires (as there are only so many you can have) will not be enough. You have the anvil in the army, now get the hammer. Grave guard can be nigh invivincible with certain options. Other units such as black/blood knights and Varghulfs are great, but need to stay with the rest of your footsloggers at first so they don't go rushing in without support. Wraiths are another nasty unit, and hopefully you will have enugh magic to dispel any enemy magic thrown their way.
    -Vampires. Evey vampire should have a little buffer to the magic n order to contribute to the over all effectiveness. However, make sure tat at least some of your characters can hold their own in a fight.

As said before, make a list and post it for some feedback.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks. i haven't quite worked out a list yet but i'm thinking 4 Vampires on Nightmares to act as the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (Revelations Chapter 6) each one with an emphasis on the aspect of the end times that it represents. The first Vamp would be the 'AntiChrist' so he would be character killer, Second Vamp would be 'War Aspect' So he could be along the lines of a Blood Dragon, Third Vamp would be the plague and famine so i'm thinking about giving him the sword that lets you Raise Undead when you do wounds, and the 4th vamp would be a Vamp lord who represents 'Death' itself so he would be lord with lots of magic, 'raise undead horde', etc... plus killy power

i'm doing this at a mates with out the army book so sorry if i'm a bit vague about it

+ Reply to Thread