Skeleton Armor Save - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skeleton Armor Save

This is in reference to the Ghoul vs. Skeleton thread.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...skeletons.html (Ghouls or Skeletons?)

Allot of folks in that thread mention the Skeleton Armor Save being 4+. Is that not wrong? I read here in the table from the rulebook that LA + Shield yields a 5+ save. Is there something I am not accounting for? Or did one typo lead to a few more in the thread? Just wondering as that seems to be a massive difference, and I don't want to take the wrong save to the table.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimmer View Post
    This is in reference to the Ghoul vs. Skeleton thread.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...skeletons.html (Ghouls or Skeletons?)

Allot of folks in that thread mention the Skeleton Armor Save being 4+. Is that not wrong? I read here in the table from the rulebook that LA + Shield yields a 5+ save. Is there something I am not accounting for? Or did one typo lead to a few more in the thread? Just wondering as that seems to be a massive difference, and I don't want to take the wrong save to the table.

Yes you are missing something. Shield. Shield and hand weapon in combat counts as another armor save.... And for regular Ghouls vs regular skelitons... Ghouls all the way with some gravegaurd...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

If you have a hand weapon and shield you get +1 to your armour save in combat against enemies in front of you.
    So in combat a skeleton would get 4+ due to light armour, shield and shield with hand weapon, assuming they are fighting people in front of them.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Mind you it no longer works if you use skeletons with spears, so many skeletons are in fact 5+ armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Except most people don't take spears because they are worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses. Now that I have a few games under my belt and understand the mechanics, I need to go back and read the entire book again. It also answers allot of confusion as to what you give up for spears and also the variance from ghouls. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one more thing... do i loose my shield bonus on attacks from the flank and rear, or just my hand weapon bonus?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

You lose the +2 save and it just goes to +1 save for carrying a shield when attacked from the flank or rear.

+ Reply to Thread