Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey yall ,
I recently recieved a rather large payout from some old shares of mine , and decided - naturally to splash out on the WH:FB army of my dreams , something iv longed for since i was 11 or 12 playing the game! (about 11 years ago) so i set off to my local GW , and left with the staff and other gamers jaws dropping , picking up...
2 packs of bloodknights
Manfred on mount
2 packs of zombies
brettonian KOTR(black knights)
i aim to field a 2500pt force (btw i had more zombies at home)
i had some questions and inevitably il have more so i thought id start this thread to ask said questions , and share some ideas of my own with the community as i learn more about the style of army i want , basically i wanted to go for an ignorant SMASH n GRAB type force - with the black knights and KBK sandwiching anyone caught in my zombies.
anyways to the questions!
1) the KBK kastellan , in the VC book it states they can only take Magic weapons upto 25pts , but on the example armylist in the same book the KBK kastellan is carring 'the cursed book' - is this an error , or can i indeed take non magic weapons like that?
2) im struggling to come up with a decent vampire hero build , his job well be to keep regenerating the 3 zombie core units , any tips/build suggestions? if so id prefer him heavily magic orientated
3) i was told a WK BSB is best - to go into 1 of my units of KBK due to his high T , is this correct?
4) how should i split my magic standards between 2 units of KBK , i was going to use banner of blood keep + drakenoff (from WK BS in one unit , and banner of strigos with my lord using blood drinker in the other - but im very unsure if that makes sense , its a little overwhelming to work out for me currently , ideas? (and YES i MUST use both units of KBK )
Thanks for your time!
1) That was apparently an error
2) Master of the Black Arts, Book of Arkhan and Cadaverous Cuirass. A master power isn't necessary as zombies can already be brought back beyond starting limit. However she will need protection and she can't go in zombie units.
3) It would work but remember if he's a Vampire he can take Vampiric Powers too
4) I would give the BSB unit the Regen Banner and Hatred banner. The General's I would give the banner of the blood keep for some protection. Be careful though be sure to get screening units.
It's mostly a matter of opinion but that's what I'd say
sometimes hatred is not good you always have to persue and regen banner at tournies will get some funny looks and WHY so many blood knights they dont work ever a smart player will run em around the field with a 50pt great eagle or a unit of cheap fast cavthey will never get in combat and they will get shot to pieces by bolt throws or eatin by a star dragon and regen banner will die from flammers from deamons so be carfull because blood knights charge plagubearers and will probely die
You Can't Put The Cat Back In the Bag
They're frenzied they have to chase enemies down anyway. If you're going to play Blood Knights you will have to, have to take fell bats or dire wolves to screen them. Personally I've stopped playing Blood Knights because I really don't like having to use fell bats or dire wolves to baby sit a unit. My fell bats are some of my most effective units. If you are set on Blood Knights it's understandable VC do have some scarily efficient and in my opinion better rare choices. Varghulf and Black Coach. So cool! I would personally rate Blood Knights over Cairn Wraiths though. I ran 5 Blood Knights and a BSB for a while and they were tough as nails I don't even want to imagine a double charge from them.
the list well basically be
2 units of 5 bloodknights , one with general , the other with bsb
3 units of zombies
1 corpse cart with necro
and a vampire on foot helping to keep those zombies up
and also 2 units of dire wolves to screen the KBK
and lastly 1 unit of blackknights
this is in a 2500pt list.