Banner confusion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner confusion

With a skeleton unit, what's the effective difference between the +1 res (War Banner) and the allowing +1 rank banner? They're both 25 points, and it seems like the +1 rank is completely conditional - you need that extra rank to get the combat res. If you had to choose, would you ever pick the +1 rank?

I suppose if you had already used the War Banner, but other than that I just don't see it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Its exactly as you say, the plus one rank banner is not as good s a warbanner for the very reason you need the 3 exsisting ranks for the banner to come into its own. And yes once again youve hit the nail on the head where it would only realy come to use if the warbanner is already being used somewhere in your army.

I guess it would however come in useful in cheap units if you want both a magic banner and cheap magic bsb in your list. then again it may have just been added for the sake of army character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

This banner is great if you know you will be raising and maintaining a skeleton unit and have already used the warbanner, perhaps on another skeleton unit. I've based an army around 2 units like this so the core of my army is 2 units of 25+ skeletons, add a vampire with walking death each and there's a static CR+7. Though this is the only way I can make it worthwhile, in most cases it won't be needed as the warbanner is so much better.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

+ Reply to Thread