Blood Knights!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Blood Knights?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swear by them there in every one of my armys!!!

29 39.73%
  • Only in the larger games liek 3000 and up

24 32.88%
  • I tried them a few times not doesnt work for me

4 5.48%
  • To much of a liability for its points

17 23.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood Knights!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Knights!?

So were a few months now into our new rules and heres the question how do you view Blood Knights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

I selected the 'only in larger games' simply because there was no option that was: 'I take them for fun'. Right now they are in my 2000 pts fun list, however, as soon as a tournie rolls around they are the first thing dropped for more troops/ faster troops/ better buffed vampires/ more Varghulf!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I like them but its a bit annoying block they're line of sight so frenzy doesn't make them go off in the wrong direction, basically means you have to spend even more points on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

It's jsut great how a year ago everyone was crapping themselves over the Blood knights, and now they are increasingly left by the wayside.

I'd include them at 3k up.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering what about using the blood knights in the center of your formation and not on the flank like so

..................................'SK GG Z Sk
    .............................................BLDK

This way they wont be frenzied every were and on a charge even head on they should be able to destroy most units

If an opponet trys to lure them out them only go forward directly leading them towards there main line

so what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My army isn't ready yet to use, but i think I will add them for fun and because the models look awsome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

The trouble with them is they are overkill in my eyes and I find Black Knights are a lot more useful tactically so I'd choose a unit or 2 of Black Knights over them any day.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When ever I have used Blood Knights its been 4 knights with banner of hellfire and vampire character and the regen banner.

They are expensive and I do not play with them very much as they become the focus of the army. If you do use them and design your army around them they can be a great asset. The voting options don't really match my opinion as I don't swear by them and though I do find them expensive I still find them worthwhile.

The reason for the Banner of Hellfire is that there is lots of regen out there and your knight can not afford to be tied up by a hydra/plague bearers or another undead unit with the regen banner.

I have yet to try a blood drinker with my knights as I prefer to stop them from dying rather than trying to rebuild them but I can see how its a much cheaper alternative.

The biggest weakness of the Blood knights is versus monster ridden characters or monster characters. 5 blood knights don't help in a challenge and its a great way for your opponent to tie up and beat them. As these character tend to be better fighters and have more movement its not something you can easily avoid.

The second weakness is Frenzy but its been around for a long time and if your not comfortable with working around it you should not use this unit.

In a 2000 point game if you take blood knights they become your main focus. This is not necessarily bad you just have to play it properly and make sure your opponent doe not out play your knights.
    Last edited by apbevan; November 12th, 2008 at 17:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I don't think they have to be the focus since taking just 4 with no upgrades to hang back for a bit and then come into the late game as a sort of reserve is a good way to use them. Taking just 4 is pretty cheap for what they can achieve so even if you lose them it's not that bad. Plus a unit of 4 is pretty easy to hide until you need them.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

I'm going to turn over a leaf and say they're quite good in 2000pts, if you don't intend on taking any other rares. Give them all the protection they need (ward save against shooting, and a lvl 2 vamp with the blood sword.) and they'll do quite well.

I've tried this in a few games and they just break the front lines, admittingly they can miss sometimes and just fall apart.
    Last edited by Heiromyo; November 13th, 2008 at 22:30.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast