Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey guys, Im an orc and goblin player but played my first game against VC tonight.
I was wondering if all games with VC take forever, the guy i played with had a corpse cart, plus some magic item that gave a +1 to attempts at bolstering ghouls and zombies, but it seemed like every time I hacked them down more and more would keep coming.
I finally beat him, it took 4 hours to play a 1,500 point game and by the end I almost didnt even care anymore.
I am interesting in starting a VC army but the basic play style is get killed bring more, get killed again, bring more again until you just were your opponet down then I may stear away.
Just looking to get some opinions from VC players, just so my ramble is made more understandable what I am asking is:
1. Do all Vamp armies play like that?
2. Do games usually take an eternity?
1) From what I know, yeah they do,
2) Usually games go for six turns, as is the norm. The only thing that could elongate that is turn length.
1) Yes, to some degree. Some rely on blood knights to smash unit after unit, using magic to keep them from whittling down. Others do as you desribed. Some take an uber graveguard unit. Some use their vamps for all-out magic. Others go for close combat killers. There are terror armies, monster armies, and even an occasional few that has a dragon and wight kings, limiting magic a lot.
All VC armies have some raising back their dead capabilities. To what extent is up to the player.
2) How many turns did you play? If you want to kill every single model it might take that long. Kill their general next time and the undead hordes will crumble.
I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.
I guess your right, i killed the last of his ghouls in my turn 6 shooting phase, it just seemed like forever because it didnt ever look like things progressed, until i killed his vamp and corpse cart
Yeah, once the general dies, the rest of the army tends to follow suit. In the words of 2Pac- "That's just the way it is"
Not all vamp lists rely on the magic phase. My 2,250 list has only 5 power dice and basically skips most of the magic phases barring a random few IoN's to try and heal some wounds on vampires or something. Hell, I've had a few games against a friend's Khorne Daemons list and we've finished full games in under an hour twice. We both just had very fast hard hitting armies and things exploded quickly.
So no, not all VC armies play very slow.. most do, though, eh. :/