Starting VC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting VC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting VC

hey i have played high elves for almost 2 years and feel like a change. I will probably get the battalion to start off but what units should i be using or pick up that don't come in the battalion (i will mostly be playing 500 or 1k battles) and what are some general strategy's to use.Thanks for the help in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just go on the warhammer fantasy official website and see what the front of the book looks like

EDIT; this appeared in the wrong thread, awell my mistake probably
    Last edited by manicdemise; December 20th, 2008 at 20:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 and 1k isn't VC's strong point, prepare to lose a lot starting off. I've come to the conclusion that VC really doesn't become good til 2k+ when you get access to a lord and their crazy rediculous magic.

But coming from experience, besides vampires and vampire lords (best units imo) there are black knights, and there are grave guard. Learn to love both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VARGULF

the end xD

seriously though small games pick up a vargulf and ghouls

Ghouls imo better then skellies in low numbers and great in low points
    Vargulf is just great for the points

VC as said before is much better in bigger point games, but once you get past the initial steep learning curve of smaller point games with them there ok. i have done ok with them in small games . The ability to raise zombies and heall your units is invaluble at this point level.

edit; and i forgot to say the batalion is a great start because unlike some of the other battalions. All theese units, though core are very usefull and give a good starting variety. Since they are all core as well all you need is a boc of dire wolves that are a box of 10 for very cheap and you have one unit of every core choice to test out
    Last edited by manicdemise; December 20th, 2008 at 20:34.

+ Reply to Thread