flying vampires - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flying vampires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flying vampires

I was reading through some tacticas and suddenly a light went off in my head I got this idea involving a vampire and 10 or so fellbats.

vampire
    summon creatures of the night
    the flayed hauberk
    talisman of the lycni
    talisman of protection

this allows the vampire to keep pace with the bats and as they fly/run they can be boosted over normal size meaning a potential armada of bats, because the bats count as infantry for the purpose of IoN they add D6 per spell, this vampire will get it off on a 3+ and bring the bats to terrifying numbers, I have him with avatar of death because i figured hes going to be doing some more reliable damage than the bats so figure he takes the great weapon or the two hand weapons depending on the opponent, and deploy this on the flank and watch the horror on your opponents face.

comments please

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

My only worry about this is that you should be wary about involving a lone vampire and a unit of anything in the same combat.

Because of the crumbling rules if you get run into by anything nasty youre fell bats will be liable to lose the combat by a fair bit, but this means that youre vampire will take the same number of crumple wounds, which will probably cause him to expire.

Aside from that, I think fell bats are the best units in a VC army, good luck with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its also poissible to give him flying horror and put him in the unit isnt it?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Characters can never join units of flyers, unfortunately. Don't have the rulebook on hand to give a page ref, but it's in the flyers section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Page 69 --> Units of Flyers --> Last Paragraph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Fastest vampire in a unit would probably be a vampire with nightmare in a unit of wolves. Though you can still only raise one at once. I heard someone had a vampire lord with blood drinker and then a BSB with drakenhoff in a unit of 18 dire wolves. I think thats good, because direwolves are terrible but then they suddenly become a dangerous unit, people wouldn't expect it, though its a big target for flanks.

+ Reply to Thread