Killing Warriors of Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Killing Warriors of Chaos

What armies have you seen with the new WoC around? I've gone up against a couple armies, the chaos knights are about equivalent to our blood knights so it just depends who gets the charge. But they're magic is ridiculous, especially the tzeentch one that can potential make a whole unit dissappear, and the nurgle magics which lower toughness and strength. then the warriors are better than our grave guard with 2 attacks and 2+ save or 3 attacks with 4+ but thats before marks.

Usually I find the old methods of large skellies + combat vamp decently effective but the combat vamp is usually having 1/2 his attacks being saved when fighting warriors. GG do pretty good with killing blow though.

Anyway I thought we could get everybody to pitch in advice on some pretty crazy rules (I mean mauraders for the same points as zombies! come on!)

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

A WoC army finds it next to impossible to kill a GG unit thats about 23 strong and has a regen banner in it. The only way they can is with portal of tzeentch thingy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage. View Post
    A WoC army finds it next to impossible to kill a GG unit thats about 23 strong and has a regen banner in it. The only way they can is with portal of tzeentch thingy
    not really if they spam the tzeentch magic missiles they all cause fire negating the regen and possibly downing your armor -3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I play magic heavy so if they kill some i bring them back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't bring them back when they are all killed can you?

I played against somebody who goes full magic, units nurgle knights a lot of wolves and marauder horseman and the first time I lost because i played bad but the second time his slaneesh giant ate 2 vampires and a unit af 25 GG with regen ( they lost it beczuse the hero was in the giant's trousers but the point stays. I must say my oponent is a way better player then my.

I think they key to such army is (dependig on you're list) don't try to catch the tzeench wizards but go for the small point like table quarters, the wolves, the marauder
    horseman and maybe the knights.And never, never try kil a slaneesh giant down because it WILL kill you.

But it is a nasty army to play against and 4 wizards is always hard to beat but never think a slaneesh giant is weak!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played WoC once in a 4000pt battle
    I lost, but I was able to get myself some strategies for next time.

First of all, I had quite alot of magic,
    you should just hold your ground and let them come to you.
    In the meanwhile, you can pump up you're units skellies and zombies,
    and even boost up your black coach.
    When they get close enough, I noticed Curse of the years still remains an effective spell against larger units, especially when not dispelled the 2nd turn.

Let their units get close, and when the time is right, charge them.
    Spare your corpse carts bound spells for the last so you're able to strike first (some of those WoC appear to have ASF rule).

A unit grave guards really does the trick too. I gave mine hw+sh and put in the warbanner and a vampire in the front ranks. Unfortunatly, the warbanner got killed by magic, and the vampire died due to a miscast. But still, when I charged, I was able to clean up a unit warriors in one turn and overrun.

WoC are really a strong army, for the combat as well for the magic.

A last point would be hold ground, and try to cast small units of zombies to let the frenzy guys overrun in the wrong direction. This way you might be able to do a flank charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

But if your playing a khrone army then generally they know how to avoid shit like that

+ Reply to Thread