Blood Dragons, themed but viable? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Dragons, themed but viable?

Hi everyone, I was considering getting into Warhammer Fantasy, and I have this this thing about bad guys, and froom my point of view the Vampire COunts are the baddest of the bad. Basically I was interested in whether Blood Dragon themed armies are viable, coz I was flicking throught the codex, and I love the background for Abhorash. I was thinking of a Blood Dragon Hero w/ a decent sized unit of Grave Guard with 2 hand weapons, and a unit of Skellies led by a necro on either side, both with Invocation. The Blood Dragon would probably have Avatar of Death and Infinite Hatred. And maybe a unit of four Blood Knight with a Kastellan, hanging around at the rear, ready for when the enemy gets close and I need them.

This is just an idea, when I'm ready I will post it as an army list, but what do you guys think of the basic ideas? Thanks in advance, Revan_101.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Problem with the Knights od Blood Keep is that they are Frenzied, so you will be hard pressed controlling them if there are any enemy near them to redirect them away, especially if the rest of your army is footsloggers.

A couple of units of Black Knights, the KoBK, and a good solid Core section is better bet. Use the Necromancers to up the size of the units of skellies (HW+ shield) and use the Black Knights to run interference for the KoBK, so that you can control who they charge....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks for the Advice

Cheers kithre, i have been paying close attention to the Vampire COunts games at my local GW, and that seems like really good advice. Yeah, like I said this isn't even a proper list yet, just me boucing a couple ideas off of the veteran VC players of lonline. Thanks Again and keep up the good work. Revan_101

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

No probs - as always, let us know how things are going, and good luck!

+ Reply to Thread