Corpse Carts - They Don't Seem Worth their Points! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corpse Carts - They Don't Seem Worth their Points!

Do people actually use Corpse Carts very much in their games? They seem relatively sturdy however for xxx points all you are getting are a couple of mediocre special abilities and an easily dispelled bound spell to give a weaker version of Vanhels Danse on engaged units. Forget the attacks because at STR 2 you might as well not even roll.

Hydras cost xxx but do so much more, what does this thing do for xxx?

Last edited by farmergiles65; January 25th, 2009 at 00:41. Reason: Took away points, thx for warning herman

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We generally avoid posting unit costs. ~DavidVC04
    Last edited by DavidWC09; January 26th, 2009 at 17:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah you only choose one upgrade. Ok rephrase "are they worth their points? Point still been asked, do people like them and are they worth it?

*points removed ~DavidVC04*
    Last edited by DavidWC09; January 26th, 2009 at 17:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view Corpse carts as very valuable to my games miasma i find helps drain dispell dice or striking first. And of the two upgrades i have found the balefire to be worht every point.

The way i look at it if the corpse cart stops even one spell its already done its part.

And a few weeks ago i played 5k against chaos mortals (the guys goes super majic heavy in 2250 he packs like 13 power dice) he had 19 or so power dice to my 9 dispell dice, but i had three corpse carts with atleast two in each casters way.

Needless to say i believe he got like 2 spells of the entire game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Just a quick note: I'd remove those point values on the Corpse Cart and Hydra before a mod comes along.

On the question: I'd say the corpse cart is very much worth it as the special rules granted can drive much of your army forwards. I'd always take one.

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am complaining don't compare anything in our army to one trust me if we could take one in VC we all would

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Are they worth it? Hells yeah!

Just a weaker version of VanHels? It's still Allways Strike First and it also lasts longer than VanHels, to the start of your next magic phase and not just the next combat phase. It can also effect more than 1 unit per casting.
    That it's a bound spell is a bonus. No miscasts, no power dice used, essentially it's a way to eat up your opponents dispel dice. And if he only uses 1 dice there's a 1/3 chance he'll fail the dispel and you get the spell anyway.
    2 carts and the almost ever present Book of Arkhan means it's easily concievable that an opponent will be keeping 3+ dispel dice back just for your bound spells, giving you some nice leeway for casting.

I allways try to take at least one in my army, 2 for preference at 2K, both normally with Balefire.
    Allways Strike First is worth every penny, no matter what unit you use it on (But especially the grave guard Unit of Dooooooooooooom - Great Weapons, Banner of Barrows, Vamp with Helm of command nearby)
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

One Corpse Cart sitting pretty between 2 units of Ghouls...

Either they hold a dispel dice back, or thats 22 poisoned attacks coming their way before there's ANYTHING they can do about it.

To be honest I usually put a Necro on them with Book of Arkhan, it becomes a DD eating MACHINE.

Just a shame it's not a chariot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I might consider getting some..........painted that is, like hell I'll be able to paint that thing!

Do you ever use it as a Necromancer mount? Problem I see with our characters is that in games less than 2000 points because we have spend tonnes to get Lvl 2 wizards that can survive punishment we cant afford weak characters or non-magic ones. basically that eliminates the Wight King (no magic) and the Necromancer (weakling) and means we only need upgraded Vampires, but in 1500 or less you can't overspend on characters too much.
    Last edited by farmergiles65; January 25th, 2009 at 20:04.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

The CC is definitely good; I just have trouble finding the points for it.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast