New to Vamps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Vamps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Vamps

Starting off WHFB after playing Chaos Space Marines in 40k for a while. I heard VC is a hoard army, and I have no problem with that.

I just want to know what's in store and how these guys play, as well as some pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh depends how you make up your list.

but IMO;

core is flimsy but massed and re raisable

are hard hiting units are HARD HITING!

reasonably versitile

no shooting except magic

probly the best characters in the game due to the versitilaty due to out ragous customisation

hard hiting magic phase

badass models

unbreakable

for cons i really cant think of much;

getting onwed by certain army's without a tailored list

overly squishy core

expect to paint a biggilion models

... oh and hatred of the sunlight and a thirst for blood BLEEHH! lol

expect to be r@ped or be the one doing the r@ping and expect lots of randomness

welcome to fanatsy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main cons to the VC is no shooting and if your general dies you will start to crumble and it is very difficult to win at that point. The upside to the army is that they cause fear and immune to psychology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said before, the lame but interesting part of the VC is the general and no shooting. If our beloved general dies, your chances of winning is 5% and you get to watch your entire army crumble before you. Also most of your guys are flimsy and even when you lose close combat, your guys lose even more guys.

With that said, i love VC. i have never had more fun playing a army before, the fact that they will never break is an awesome rule as well as mass fear. Te main reason i love them is their strong and fun magic phase. YOu not only get to cast powerful spells, but you get to bring your army back after it's dead. I love fielding my undead models who my opponent can kill squads at a time and i just laugh knowing that they were expendable and easily replaceable. My opponents curse at my army for this and especially when a 12man unit breaks for them and i overrun them.

If you are coming from Chaos and like the way the place, id choice a different army that has more power and punch behind them because VC rarly wins its battles on pure wounds. But if your looking to mix it up and just like the idea of a few vampires creating mad amount of expendable dead, then Vc is the army for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major PRO
    A VC army is one of the fastest to build and cheapest to buy if you like converting models. In 2k armies you would likely need over 50 models of core alone (I'm talking about dwarfs, elves, chaos...expansive point wise models) and probably around 100 models from swarm armies like skaven, gobos, etc. But with VC, you can have just as many models for a fraction of the cost and time needed to paint. I'm talking about buying 100 ($12 on ebay) 20mm bases and simply gluing whats left on the spure from your VC or your friends models if they're nice enough (arms with the weapon you're not using, extra heads..etc) and viola, you got 100 zombies/skeletons. A simple spray and dry bush and you're battle ready. The rest of the army mostly consist of VERY few expansive models that you will spend more time on like vampires, vargulf, wraiths, blood knights, etc.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by manicdemise View Post
    expect lots of randomness
    Eh? Vampires are actually one of if not the most reliable armies out there. The best at raising back units (puts tomb kings to shame), immune to psych / unbreakable... As long as you have a good grasp of the game, you should always know what units will still be around in the next turn or two barring statistical abnormalities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Eh? Vampires are actually one of if not the most reliable armies out there. The best at raising back units (puts tomb kings to shame), immune to psych / unbreakable... As long as you have a good grasp of the game, you should always know what units will still be around in the next turn or two barring statistical abnormalities.
    yeah i agree,theyre very reliable. I meant that random moments seem to pop up (atleast for me) where something crazy just happends. Like a black coach's wizzing round destroying characters. Loosing 4 black knights, 4 dire wolves and and 3 wounds on a vargulf in one spell. A banshee destorying a unit of chaos knights with a single ghostly howl! Units coming back from the brink of destruction... Zombies ACTUALY winning on CR on kills. Just a few of the random events i have seen in my short time as a VC player, maybe its just my VC army that is subject to such levels of randomness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like in one of my last games I had about 7 zombies up against a dark elf hydra and one of them almost made a wound except for his regeneration save.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Ah, gotcha... well, stuff like that happens to everyone due to the nature of dice. Things with chance involved will get odd results on occassion, but VC are less susceptible to that than most armies. For example, I once caused a unit of orcs to fail a terror check and run horizontally across his line - breaking 3 other units because they fled over them, cascading panics. That's something that thankfully doesn't happen with VC.

+ Reply to Thread