Zombie speed bumps... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zombie speed bumps...

Ok, how lame can we get here? played a game tonight and he raised speed bumps behind all my combats with his big blocks of skeletons, if I ever lost I either ran into his zombies and died OR got overrun by his big blocks.

/signed, unhappy camper.

Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

And thats one of the many tactics used with VC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the same tactic against my friends dwarfs last night. It works extremely well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make it sound like it was easy mate, do you know how much setup, luck and combos is required to get your army to run in the first place? You're Chaos for crying out loud, you got rock solid troops, a decent magic phase and nasty heros. It shouldn't have been that easy for him!

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

if I ever lost I either ran into his zombies and died OR got overrun by his big blocks
    'if he ever lost', so it could have been some marauders rolling bad after 3 turns of combat and autobreaking due to outnumber. I fail my ld tests around 1 out of 3, with dwarfs, ld 9 for crying out loud! 0.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if he got your unit running having zombies on your rear is icing on the cake as he has a chance to chase you down regardless. What exactly was being broken by his skeleton blocks?

Just imagine all the Victory points you could have gotten by killing all those little zombie blocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate you bringing this idea to the attention of a new VC player. My next game I will be sure to try this out, see if I fare better than my previous games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you where killing enough skellies then he wouldnt have had the magic dice to raise lots of zombies, he would have been too preoccupied with invo's :/

and if you broke through CR that much that it was a big factor, you need to look at what you did wrong not what he did right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree this is a cheesy tactic that I refuse too use on moral principal, im amazed that you actually lost combat too a unit of skeletons, was you using hand weapon and shield marauders? Was the dice god just angry with you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Wow, if you consider that a lame tactic then don't go any where near tournaments. That's hardly lame, in fact that's a pretty basic tactic that's been around for ages, which anyone playing with/against VC should be familiar with.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast