mannfred in a 2k or 2250 game? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mannfred in a 2k or 2250 game?

Hi, i was just wondering what everyones opinion on Mannfred was...is he useable in 2k-2250 games as Count or acolyte and what would u recomend as the other characters?..with 3 other vamps or necros, id want to use all vamps but then the total character pnts is like 1200 ish....? it seems interesting to give him skull staff and staff of sorcery what do you normally equip him with if u do use him...Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

When I use him, he usually gets Skull Staff and Sceptre De Nirot. Count Manfred is awesome in certain lists, the Acolyte version is kinda...meh. Really, Manfred is a ressurection king - he lowers Invocation casts to 3+ for himself with the Skull Staff (that's the reason it's 65 points...), and will just pump out models like crazy. He's tough, but not super-tough, and isn't really all that much of a fighter. Access to the Lore of Death is sometimes useful, particularly if a LD mod would help in a certain situation. Knowing the whole of the Vampiric lore is generally more useful.

I like him, I take the Count at that point level, but it really comes down to what kind of list you're trying to play. He's a Ressurection list guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Mmmm this is making me think of using him for Raise Zombies/Summon Undead Horde and just building an army around Black Knights, Ghouls and Direwolves. Have the Direwolves and BKs get ready for flanking then use the summoning spells to surround your enemy with zombies... EVERYWHERE. You could field like 2~3 units of BKs, 3 (required) units of Ghouls, and then just take like 4~6 units of 5 Direwolves, then put in some other vampires with any extra points.

Yup, that's be a fun thing. Mind that he would help with tons of zombies as well as healing, but the list would be potent enough for him to do some damage.

Also, I've seen people running 600 point models in this point range, so yeah Mannfred should be good to go.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty

Thanks for the replys!...Smann233..if you could post a list you would use with him or send it to me in a message (i dont know if you can) it would be much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread