What are your greatest Vampire moments? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your greatest Vampire moments?

Simply put, what's happened in your games with Vampires that have memorable moments? Things like 10 zombies drawing combat with 8 charging Dryads, stuff like that. Vampire armies can be incredibly varied and the fact that all sorts of things can happen in a game really mean that vampires can have some awesome moments. Actually, while you're at it you could possibly put your worst vampire moments as well. I've certainly had some.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three moments so far that I will never forget as long as I am playing. First it would have to be that I had about 5 zombies or so that attacked a dark elf hydra. Of course they were slaughtered by then end of combat but before that I did have one zombie that almost managed to score a wound on the hydra (no improvements at all just his plain stats). He would have succeeded if it weren't for the hydra regen.

Second, would have to be that in every game I have had against a dark elf player my varghulf has caused the hydra to flee off the board just by charging at it.

Finally, in my last game against beast men they had 2 units of about 60 and I was able to have my GG turn around, charge them, and force them to flee back off the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. I've had 2 that I can remember. My 10 zombies got charged by 8 Dryads and drew combat! This was early last year.

Yesterday my friend's Alter Noble flank charged my unit of 3 Black Knights. He had 5 attacks at weapon skill 7 and strength 6. He caused 1 wound and I got no attacks back. I had a standard and outnumber, he had 1 kill. Lost combat, outnumbered by fear-causing unit and was ran down. Both of us thought that my Black Knights were gone.

I've probably got some more but I just can't remember them. There was something about Wardancers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, i forgot about my worst. So far my worst moment that I can remember is that I lost a large portion of my unit of GG in one turn. In the following magic phase I had about 7 or 8 dice and I used each one to cast IoN on my GG unit. Out of all those rolls I got about 2 GG back. Of course the next turn that they were finished off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had something similar to that yesterday. It was 1500 points, and I got about 4 invocations off the entire game. Still, that was some terrible luck! How did you lose them? Organ gun?
    I also remember what happened with the wardancers. My unit of ghouls was flank charged by Dryads and Wardancers. I had about 13 left, and because they weren't in contact after combat res the Dryads weren't in combat with me anymore. I charged my vampire and my Black Knights into the Dryads, and pursued into the wardancers. Now, I have a unit of 5 Black Knights, a vampire with a great weapon and infinite hatred, and a unit of ghouls. He had 5 Wardancers. In the entire combat one wound was caused, that was from his wardancers. Through static combat res I won and chased him down!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching a battle between a Blood Dragon themed Vampire Count army vs a Khorne-Themed Chaos Demon Army. The Blood Dragon vampire lord was totally maxed out and mounted on a Winged Nightmare, and at one point Challenged the Bloodthirster leading Chaos. The Bloodthirster generally was outrolling him, and at one point, he had the killed the Winged Nightmare steed of the vampire count and had the Vampire Lord down to just 1 wound left, and had not taken anywhere near as much damage. It didn't look like, even with good die rolling, that he could defeat the BloodThirster. But this was using the last edition of Warhammer where Killing blow could work on just about ANYTHING. The vampire lord scored the 6 he needed to use it, and the Bloodthirster failed it's ward save and thus, the vampire lord prevailed in a battle that swung it to the Vampire Count's favor.
    Last edited by GMJoeSolarte; April 27th, 2009 at 00:21. Reason: updating it with details/from memory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha, suck on that Bloodthirster! I hope by saying that Khorne won't kill me.
    I just hate Daemons, they're incredibly rigged. I know that on the "rigged armies" ladder it goes Daemons and then Vampires so I shouldn't really be talking still.
    Yesterday when I was playing my friend's Wood Elves as a desperation move I detached my level 2 vampire from her unit and attempted to gaze of Nagash his Branchwraith which was his general. He had 5 dispel dice and 2 scrolls so my hopes weren't high. I rolled irresistible force and smashed his Branchwraith, he lost 2 dispel dice and his general in one go. After that his Treeman decided to come around and strangle-root that vampire. I was hoping he would roll a misfire and have no shots, he rolled an 8. She died horribly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I made the magic suggestion so I'm claiming an assist on this one :-)

Friend plays a Blood Knight Deathstar army and was going 2000 points against a skaven army, Grey Seer + Screaming Bell, warp lightning cannon and a bunch of jezzails.
    Even with 4+ Ward and Regen the skaven shooting was going to be taking a toll on the Blood Knights.
    His Lord has Forbidden Lore and normally take Vampires to guarentee Van Hels. I suggested he take Shadows for this one instead as Unseen Lurker means he has a chance of getting a first turn charge.

Game comes and as misdirection he's been talking up how he'll be using Pit of Shades on the Doom Bell. VC get first turn and the Blood Kngihts go straight up the middle of the table, straight for the Clan Rats with Screaming Bell in.
    Magic comes and it's all about drawing out those scrolls. He starts off with his vampire BSB trying to cast Van Hels on the blood knights and then the lord uses Book of Arkhan on them, both dispelled. Then Lord uses most of his dice to Pit of Shades the Bell, it gets cast, but despite having I5 skaven player doesn't want to risk it and scolls it. The rest of the army then starts invocation spam and thinking he's dealt with the main problem the Skaven starts using up his dispel dice. With just 1 army dice left the Vamp Lord uses a power stone to 3 dice cast Unseen lurker and just manages it with 11. Skaven only has 1 dispel dice left and to our surprise he only brought 1 dispell scroll to the game. Blood Knights charge the big clan rat unit with bell.

In the combat phase the Blood Knights just go through the clan rats like a hot knife through butter. 3 Knights, Lord, BSB and horses kill 14 skaven. 2 Knights (one the Kastellan) have to go after the screaming bell as S7 is auto kill. It was then that we were introduced to one of the quirky screaming bell rules. if it passes it's 3+ ward against a S7 or higher attack then it is rung with 3 dice. The knights smack 4 wounds on it and then we sit back with slightly worried looks on our faces.
    1st wound is saved and the ring gives the skaven unit terror, not that useful against VC.
    2nd wound is saved and he rolls and 8, all cavlary take a panic check or in undeads case a crumble check. The Lord's LD10 actually comes in handy for once.
    He fails the 3rd save and the cart is destroyed.

End of combat and the Skaven player needs double 1 to not break, which he fails. The Blood Knights pursue, roll high and catch the unit, taking the grey seer with them and continue straight off the board.

Now at this point it's not that special. Blood Knights doing a massacre is hardly that uneard of, the only special thing is the first turn charge. But then the skaven player starts taking panic checks.
    Unit of Clan rats (with warplock engineer) fail and start running, as does a big unit of jezzails and as they flee away from the cause of panic they start heading down the battle line. The Clanrats go through a unit of Globadiers (who pass) and another unit of jezzails (who start running). On the other side the jezzails run through a unit of clan rats with Engineer (who hold) and a unit of night runners (who flee).

Start of his turn nothing rallies and the night runners (or maybe the jezzails) set off the warp lightning cannon too. At this point the Skaven player concedes.

Turn one charge wins the game.

(as a side note, as it was so short they quickly arranged another game, one where the Skaven brought a few more scrolls and the VC went lore of Vampires. Wasn't there to see it but apparently VC got a minor victory by just 50 VPs so it was a lot closer)
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My unit of 25 zobies charged a war altar, and the only thing i can remember was the the zombies managed to do 2 wounds on the Waltar (the lord had a weapon of asf) after saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during a 2k match last ed, my first time using necrach vampires agaisnt LM. Turned out badly in the end when it was just my lord and a small unit of zombie left. So the LM charges my vampire and his hero issues a challenge. When he realized the frail looking necrach vampire had 5 attacks S and T of 5 and 4 wounds it was way to late. it was only a samll victory in the last few turns but the look on my buddy's face was priceless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast