Elves??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elves???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elves???

Does anyone have any good tips for defeating elves? In particular High Elves?
    Wood Elves I think I can handle, I'm not sure what to do about the Dark and Highs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

First of all you will probably be better off putting this in the high elf forum, because elf players know what we're scared of.

As a high elf and VC player I have some ideas here.

High strength models really terrify us, so great weapon wielding GG are a good call, but you might want to give them something to help keep them alive like the regen banner.

High elves in particular will normally have very few elite units and so they are a really good choice to play the "bog you down with zombies then smash you in the face with something good" tactic.

Also very few high elves are likely to have magical attacks and so wriaths and spirit host aren't a bad idea as long as you think you have enough magic defence.

The bad news for you is that, as a high elf player, I am yet to lose to Vampires, but all the armies I have faced have been "raising lots of skeletons" armies and this approach does not work, because sowrdmasters, white lions, dragon princes WILL cut down more than you can bring back.

Black Coach isnt a bad bet actually... only really a mounted prince will be S7 and High Elves will be likely to be packing a fair bit of magic to absorb

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Athenais, as a VC player who has played high elfs over 20 times and have only lost once, i know how to beat them. The first thing all HE players do is field mass amount of their special units and focus on their squads and heros. So far HE have 2 main weakness, 1. T 3 all around. These guys are wimps and even our basic skeles have a chance to drop these guys. 2. They hate fear, yes they might have a high LD, however, every combat that you plan right, you can get tons of combat value against HE because of their generaly low S and A count. This makes them perfect for a swarming army like us.

A couple things to watch out for a what to look out for. High Elfs field mostly kickass squads, so our basic core are nothing more than tar pits to them. Also HE are very fast, and with their lame ass Always strike first rule, this forces us to field larger units to make sure we can survive first turn combats. WIth this said, Black Knights i find to be very cheap( cheaper than BK) and because they cause fear, a good solution to the charging HE threat.

The greatest HE weakness is CHARRIOTS. We lack these models except for the Coach, but it might be a good idea to field some.

*Use their low T,S, and A values to your advantage, field larger squads then normal, and do not waste pts on dire wolfs, and make GG your best from.
    "Combat Result FTW"
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I've played high elves a couple of times and run them over pretty fierce... but I don't play a traditional VC list. I go magic-light and combat-heavy. Most HE stuff can't stand up to our real combat units. I use:
    - Vampire Lord on a dragon (just watch their bolt throwers)
    - Dread Knight Vampire with blood drinker
    - Wight King BSB on a steed with Drakenhoff banner
    - Some skeletons & zombies for req. core
    - Blood Knights with Flag of the Blood Keep
    - Dire Wolves to screen Blood knights
    - 10 Black Knights with +1 to hit banner (name escapes me ATM)
    - Varghulf

Depending on how much ranged stuff, the BSB normally rides with the black knights but sometimes goes with the blood knights.. Not much in the HE army can stand up to a charge of the blood knights (since their ASF damage is typically healed by the blood drinker vamp in there). The vamp lord on a dragon also murders anything it touches, even swordmasters.

Varghulf is fun to run around and try to scare things / kill bolt throwers.

+ Reply to Thread