my first vampire list what do you good fokes think - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first vampire list what do you good fokes think

hi ya folks
    can any one give me any advice on this list
    or would you change anything..
    all feed back would be grate
    thanks

vampire lord
    extra magic level, the gem of blood sceptre de noirot ,flayed hauberk
    vampiric powers: master of the black arts, ghoulkin,summon ghouls

vampire hero
    book of arkhan,black periapt
    vampiric powers: dark acolyte summon ghouls

vampire hero
    dispell scroll , cursed book
    vampiric powers:dark acolyte summon ghouls

vampire hero dispell scroll
    vampiric powers:dark acolyte summon creatures of the night

core:::
    ghouls x15+ champion

ghouls x15+ champion
    ghouls x15+ champion

dogs x 5

dogs x 5

corpes cart = unholy loadstones

fell bats x 3

black knights x 10

black coach

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can tell you like ghouls, which is pretty cool, heres some advice.
    You do not have any vampires on horses so your black knights prob wont be able to march and wont really have to much support. I would replace them with maybe GG, with some GW. Or keep a unit of 5 Black Knights to roll of flanks and spend the pts for the extra on GG.
    Without really any fast moving heros and no Blood Knights, your dogs prob are not a good idea to take, unless your very good at them. I would instead try and fit a Varg in your army. He is a power model, and if you make room for him, he will help your BK's if you choice to keep them and be able to kick some but with ghouls better than wolfs can ever do.

It's a personal thing but i always give my vampire lord a ward save. UP to you though, i just like the extra protect.

Last but not least, your caster army is cool, i like to run plenty but the one thing i noticed when i play is i always need at least 1 vampire who can fight, or at least give some of them basic saves. Since you, like me have such few squads, and at 2k a lot of armies you play will not spend as much pts on heros and lords as us VC do, which makes your vampires precious. Giving them either or save, or what i do is make a completely combat rdy vampire to almost bait my opponent and protect my casters, i think at 2kpts losing 1 power dice will not be a big loss.

Hope this helps
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have being thinking i might drop one of the vampires and but in a wight king as a b.s.b with the banner of barrows in with the black knights but this time a unit of 5

just behind them another unit of 5 black knights with a vampire but give him dread knight and summon creatures of the night
    and hem of comandment

the fell bats and dogs can support the knights
    the vampire can pass on his ws on to the knights

hem of comandment knights hit on 3's with the banner of barrows they will hit on 2 kill on 2/3' most of the time

fell bats to go behind dogs in to the side if needed
    i like the varghulf idea i think i will drop the black coach and have a varghulf in steed what you think of cairn wraiths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darklord - do you really need that dreadknight vampire to be with a unit of Black Knights?

Why not just give him Avatar of Death & Talisman of Lycni and put him in a unit of dogs, if they'll be hanging back behind the knights? Especially if he needs to use the Summon Creatures of the Night power to beef up his bunker unit at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraiths are never a bad choice, they can do almost anything and with enough anti magic they become very hard to kill. Just remember Wolfs are really only made for screen for Blood Knights and mX fear causing. With BK's alrdy cause fear and hit harder. They will be enough to win most combats, wolfs for me tend to die and my knights get charged because wolfs cant kill crap, plus with low stats and no save, i do not trust them. Also because of the undead rule, if wolfs try to help BK, your enemy will target the wolfs to get his/her combat bonus up.

About the vampire in BK's, you do not need a vampire in the squad, but a hero always adds someone to kick butt, and really helps your combat rez. You want to help your power units as much as you can, and providing a hero in the squad will help give them a great unit in a good squad. Up to you as always thou.

As you can tell i am not a fan of wolfs, and they have a very specific purpose that i do not need in the armies i run. I feel a vampire in wolf squad is a waste because as i said, wolfs are moving fear that can pick off small units or hold up core. They have low stats and adding a vampire to this squad, i cant imagine he would do very good because the wolfs will die fast, combat result will kill your vampire. With no banner, save, or really anything going for them i feel your 10 BK's and ghoulkin, you will have enough speed to get around
    Good Luck and have fun!

8th Ed WOOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first and foremost you cant have two arcane items on a character. The book of arkhan and black periapt cant be taken together. drop the periapt keep the book. second, lose the wolves and mount the hero with the book of Arkhan and put him in the unit of black knights. Third, the vampire wearing the helm of commandment must not be in combat in order for his WS to be passed on to another unit so put it on your Lord and keep him away from cc if you can. I like your army list otherwise and wish you the best of luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread