Welcome to Librarium Online!
I'm fairly new to vamps and i would like a Strigo list. Now i no the basics for Strigos vampire themed army but what other units would i be able to take and keep it themed?
I no i can have
Bar swarms (which are terrible)
would i be alllowed any other units? would the strigos still bring units of skeleton warriors to the field? Grave guard to defend them? Black knights or wraiths or wrights?
If u could help me with this most pressing of issues it would be greatly appreciated!
That sounds about right, could be a very interesting army just limiting yourself to those elements as well. Piles of ghouls, supported by corpse carts, a few vampires with the ghoulkin and summon ghouls, and a varghulf, with some fell bats to take down artillery squads.
As for the fluff, I'm not terribly familiar with strigos, but I think you could maybe add in other units, they do have the power to summon those other units, it's just not as common.
Probably zombies and skellies would be a fundamental part of a Strigos force, but ghouls, ghoulkin Vampires with SUpernatural Horror or Winged Terror or both, and plenty of Varghulfs to represent truly ancient bestial Vampires...
If your going proper old school Strigoi then you should also limit what bloodlines/items your vampires can take too.
Off the top of my head the Old School Strigoi had:
- No magic items
- No mundane items
- No mounts
However they had some kickass bloodlines to compensate, +1A and a free ward save.
I reckon a decent attempt at making a Strigoi vampire in the new rules would be:
- No bloodlines from The Martialle or The Courtly powers. Probably some restriction on The Arkayne too, but not sure what (only 1 allowed on a lord, none on hero?)
- No Arcane items
- No Enchanted items except the Talisman of Lycni
- No magic weapons except the Common ones
- Magic armour is tricky as the initial instinct is to say no magic armour like old school, but they no longer have the inbuilt ward save. I'd say limit it to Accursed Armour, Armour of Night, Nightshroud and Caderverous Cuirass, representing either the Stirgoi's toughness or a vampire's power over mist and shadow.
- No Strigoi vampire may be a BSB
- No mounts
- Have at least 1 unit of ghouls or maybe only ghouls count as minimum core choice.
- Treat skeleton warriors like a special choice
- No Blood knights
- No Black Coach
- Make every effort to have a Varghulf, they're the closest things to Strigoi in the new book.
2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
Further answers will require more vodka.
Infinite Hatred is a must on every vampire. Hmmm. Terror Causing and Flying is good too. Regenerate is fluffy in all forms. As is Massive Monstrosity (how I miss it...)....
Walking Death and the Carstein Ring could be a good combination on the Lord level character to get a +1 on the combat res and a regen and ward save.
Royal standard of strigos...if i chose blood knights would have it, but if you really wanna fluff give it to black knights.
And dont forget hunter in the dark bloodline power+armour of night.
*Agrees to above*
I would say, go hard on Varghulfs
Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
WiP TK Army!