A few Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few Questions

Hi I am considering starting a VC army and wanted to know a few things.

1.) when calculating a necro on a cart's US does the cart count as a monster or a chariot?

2.)Can a necro in a unit cast Vanels on the unit it is in

3.)If you take lore of beasts with forbidden lore can you cast Bears Anger on a character in a unit

4.) Can you have duplicates of common magic items

5.) I Checked the FAQ and it said that a Vamp with one of The Master powers casting Summon the Horde on a unit that correspond with the power it took can increase its size beyond its starting size. I was woundering does this mean the spell also gets the +1 to casting And also does Sceptre de Noirot effect it at all either.

Sorry if any of these are obvious I just got the rule book and codex last week and i am still reading through that beast of a rulebook.

Thanks in advance,

Kegel69
    --------------
    EDIT

Just remembered another question How large is the Corpse Cart base. if it is in a unit how many models does it displace, also does it affect Rank bonuses?

and Thanks again,

Kegel69

Last edited by Kegel69; July 19th, 2009 at 12:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

It would almost certainly count as a chariot, great question though.

Yes he can cast vanhels on ANY unit within 12" even the unts he is in.

If the Necromancer is on a corpse cart then he may not be beasts anger, and just incase you thought (Wording of post got me thinking) necros can take vampiric bloodlines like Forbidden lore then no they cant. But if he is on foot then you can beasts anger him.

Depends what it is, Scrolls and Power Stones yes, all the others you can only have 1 of each in the army

No and No for the last one.

Very good questions espcially for a new player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick response i was hoping it would be a monster so it couldn't be picked out as a target if in a unit, but i guess i can see how that would be unpractical.

About the bears anger i was wondering if a character joining a unit makes them only one US so that it couldn't be cast on him because they combined. I don't now if that makes sense it is hard to describe but if you could see my hand gestures it would totally make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

For the first question in the first post: It would count as a Chariot since the Cart counts as a monster as it moves and fights... Nothing is said about US

Mirage nailed the rest of it

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

If your character is in the unit with NO mount then you can bears anger him, if he has any mount though and is in a unit then you cant cast it on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clarifying that makes the spell sound so much better i thought he had to be on his own.

+ Reply to Thread