Killing-est vampire? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Killing-est vampire?

Normally when I play Vampire Counts, I go very magic-heavy. Lately, however, people are starting to catch on and plan accordingly. I want to shake things up a bit and make a more combat-oriented army. I was thinking of this as my Lord-

Vampire Count
    -Red Fury
    -Dread Knight
    -Walking Death
    -Lvl 3 Wizard
    -Dreadlance

I've got 40 more points to be spending on magic items... anyone have some suggestions? So far, this is a vampire that, on the charge, has a 1+ armor save, 4 attacks at str 7 that hit automatically, and every wound caused lets me make another attack (which also hit automatically). He also gets +1 to his combat resolution, and is a lvl 3 wizard besides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

I'd suggest either:

1- Accursed Armour. -3 WS doesn't matter when you hit automatically, though anyone surviving to hit him back might cause problems. (combo with Talisman of Protection or Black Periapt to use up points)

2- Enchanted shield. Extra armour save allways helps.
    +
    - Cursed Book. For 1 turn they'll need 5's to hit you, useful to make sure you survive if you get charged and challenged or need to deal with something big and nasty like a bloodthirster.

3- Crown of the Damned. Stupidity is mitigated by LD10 and you're planning on getting him into combat where he doesn't have to test. 4+ ward is not to be sniffed at.

4- Staff of Damnation. You only get 1 attack, but with your build you'll be hitting automatically with S5 or 7 depending on a charge. Take down any champions that you don't want to steal your challenge, or even try and take down a hero since you've got Red Fury. Also helps the unit you're in too.

5- Book of Arkhan. Because it should be named the Book of Awesome and there's almost no reason not to take it.

EDIT: And he only has a 2+ save doesn't he? (Heavy armour, shield, mounted, barding.)
    Last edited by 2000AD; July 26th, 2009 at 19:05.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

+ Reply to Thread