Any new ideas for a alternate vargulf models? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Any new ideas for a alternate vargulf models?

Probably been covered before but is there any new ideas for an alternate model or a way to convert the current one?

All i can think of is using a gorger, tomb king giant and thing from the woods.

Last edited by DoctorDogmeat; September 13th, 2009 at 16:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not seen the current model in pieces, is it full metal? How easy would it be to convert one?

I am probably going to use the thing in the woods, that thing looks savage.
    01001100 01101111 01101100 01000000 01010101 00110100 01000100 01100101 01100011 01101111 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Well the terror of arnor makes a great varghulf, and if your willing to get further from GW models, which I highly recommend, since there are so many other companies which make models which are so much better than GW models, take a look at rackham and hordes models.

RACKHAM - Le Loup take a look at the wolf model, it could be used for a great conversion, green stuff some chains and stuff on it, and make it a captured werewolf that your vampire uses to wreak havoc on enemy armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use wolfren predator and it really is great model.
    I would also consider using hordes warpwolf
    MAELSTROM GAMES
    If i'm a priest, i'm not a saint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use two models for vargulfs... the first is a regular GW one, which I did some simple conversion with (basically a dismembered dark elf crossbowman on the base with "intenstines" being pulled out by the one raised claw) but as it's a big chunk of metal, wasn't too comfortable adjusting the model itself...

I've seen another idea (don't remember link) where they put the regular vargulf coming down from the top of a wall... which looked pretty cool... (nice lighting and such gave it a creepy theme)

The second model I use is one of the wolfen from Rackham (the old metal ones, NOT the new plastic ones!) picked it up super cheap as the company is discontinuing the production of the metal figs and has gone to pre-painted plastics...

I think it looks cool from more of a "werewolf" theme rather than a big ol bat-thing....

+ Reply to Thread